ERUNT AutoBackup

pwillener

I have ERUNT installed on my system, and every day at startup it takes an automatic registry backup to %WINDIR%\ERDNT\AutoBackup in the forum of a folder named YYYY-MM-DD.

These will accumulate to a great number after time, and of course occupy a lot of space.

I would like to keep, say only the last 5 backups. Is there a way that this could be incorporated into CCleaner somehow? (I am sure that I am not the only ERUNT user around here.)

I have ERUNT installed on my system, and every day at startup it takes an automatic registry backup to %WINDIR%\ERDNT\AutoBackup in the forum of a folder named YYYY-MM-DD.

These will accumulate to a great number after time, and of course occupy a lot of space.

I would like to keep, say only the last 5 backups. Is there a way that this could be incorporated into CCleaner somehow? (I am sure that I am not the only ERUNT user around here.)

you can do this by the command line switches http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Just to make this a little clearer for anyone not too familiar with this stuff, this is the command line switch I have to keep the last three backups.

You would obviously change the final number to whatever you desire.

"C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE" %SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date# /noconfirmdelete /noprogresswindow /days:3

This gives me a daily registry backup with the first boot of the day, in the "C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT" folder, deleting the oldest of the three back-ups, and without any prompts.

This switch is inserted into the "ERUNT-autobackup" shortcut in the "Start\All Programs\Startup" folder. Least ways in my case it is.

OE9xEs.jpg

Sorry about my ignorance but how do I enter the information? Do I go to START/RUN and type in the lines shown?

Thanks

Just to make this a little clearer for anyone not too familiar with this stuff, this is the command line switch I have to keep the last three backups.

You would obviously change the final number to whatever you desire.

"C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE" %SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date# /noconfirmdelete /noprogresswindow /days:3

This gives me a daily registry backup with the first boot of the day, in the "C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT" folder, deleting the oldest of the three back-ups, and without any prompts.

This switch is inserted into the "ERUNT-autobackup" shortcut in the "Start\All Programs\Startup" folder. Least ways in my case it is.

OE9xEs.jpg

• Moderators

In the ERUNT-autobackup shortcut in the "Start\All Programs\Startup" folder right click on it and choose properties, then you will see a shortcut tab at the top, select it.

Now you will see an area which says target, this is where you are going to put the info that Dennis gave you.

Now it will be perhaps easier to copy the line out of Dennis's post by left-clicking on it at the very begining of the line (where it starts ''C:) and drag your curser along to make sure the line is ALL selected and blue. Then right click on it and select copy.

Go to where the Erunt autobackup shortcut is mentioned earlier, and delete what is in the target box and then right-click paste what you copied from Dennis's post into the target box.

Done.

Any problems you know where we are.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

In the ERUNT-autobackup shortcut in the "Start\All Programs\Startup" folder right click on it and choose properties, then you will see a shortcut tab at the top, select it.

Now you will see an area which says target, this is where you are going to put the info that Dennis gave you.

Now it will be perhaps easier to copy the line out of Dennis's post by left-clicking on it at the very begining of the line (where it starts ''C:) and drag your curser along to make sure the line is ALL selected and blue. Then right click on it and select copy.

Go to where the Erunt autobackup shortcut is mentioned earlier, and delete what is in the target box and then right-click paste what you copied from Dennis's post into the target box.

Done.

Any problems you know where we are.

[i have: MS WinXP Home 2002 - SP3; OE 6; IE 8; MS Office Pro; Avast Free; Dell Dimension XPS T448MHz Pentium III; 640 MB RAM; high speed cable; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader 9.3.3; Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex..]

Hello Hazelnut (love your nickname) and I ask you and the others here to please forgive my intrusion, but perhaps you could help me to STOP altogether the Erunt Autobackup? I don't mind the space it takes, what I do mind a lot is that each time I turn on the computer it takes forever. As it is, being a VERY old computer, it takes too long for everything, but, since I have this Erunt autobackup, it's been SO nerve wrecking!!!

Though I'm not well versed with the tech part of the computer, I thought when I went to Windows Explorer, found this ERDNT and deleted the autobackup and its dates, it would be the end, but...it came back to life! lol!

Please tell me in easy ways how to stop the autobackup altogether since I can do the backup weekly or so myself.

Thanks ever so much! :) Adela

• Moderators

Hi Adela.

I've never actually done that since installing the auto feature, but just go to the "Start\All Programs\Startup" folder, as depicted above, and then right click the "ERUNT autobackup" entry, and delete it.

That will take it out of your startup.

But don't forget to make those backups, you never know when you might need them.

:)

I have Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] SP3

For me ERUNT is configured to make a backup on the first start-up of any day,

and to omit backups on subsequent start-ups on the same day.

It only takes 8 seconds to create a 45 MB archive for my system (two user profiles).

This includes 10 MB in 6 separate ....\Users\00000001 through to ....\Users\00000006

Once ERUNT stuttered and stammered and took 30+ Seconds,

and that reminded me the previous day I had turned of Disc Caching and not seen any difference,

now I saw the difference ! !

How is your Disc Caching ?

If your start-up backup is much more than 45 MB perhaps there is something horribly wrong with the registry.

e.g. perhaps ERUNT found many user profiles you are not aware of ! !

I have an 8 year old Acer Laptop, 2600 MHz Intel Celeron processor and 1.2 GB RAM.

I doubt the RAM is significant on start-up, but the processor type and speed will be.

When I launch Firefox it takes about 8 seconds to load and allow me to use the Internet.

Firefox and ERUNT do make significantly different uses of the processor time so they make take different times.

If you find a similarity in the Firefox and ERUNT durations your system could be generally slow,

But if Firefox is much quicker then the registry merits close attention.

(I probably wont be able to advise on registry problems, but other people here will)

Avast free includes multiple real-time shields with behavioural shield.

Is it possible that Avast is impeding ERUNT's access to essential system files such as registry hives ?

Regards

Alan