Third IE9 preview

Aethec

The third Internet Explorer 9 Platform Preview has released.

With support for <video>, <audio>, and <canvas>. The <canvas> element, like everything else, is GPU-accelerated.

Also, they have improved the JS engine :

Dean_PPB3_1.png

Mozilla must be worried now - exept addons, Firefox is now inferior in all visible things (speed being the main one).

There's a nice potato gun game on the IE testing center : http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/MrPotatoGun/Default.html (but don't try to run it in Firefox or Chrome - they're too slow)

Any future IE users out there ? ;)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

been playing with the preview myself and I like it (but I'm an ie user any way)

have you seen the fish in a aquarium test video (ie9 v. Chrome)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm getting rather bored of these browser bashing comparison charts, so what if browser X is 400 times faster than browser Y I'm not interested.

I'm happy with what I have, Firefox, and the useful plugins that allow me to control the way I want to see my pages rendered.

Richard S.

I'm getting rather bored of these browser bashing comparison charts, so what if browser X is 400 times faster than browser Y I'm not interested.

I'm happy with what I have, Firefox, and the useful plugins that allow me to control the way I want to see my pages rendered.

Richard S.

Here the main point is not real speed, but speed through graphics. IE9's hardware acceleration means it is much, much, much, much, much better at drawing things (SVG, Canvas, images, text, everything) than other browsers. If you try the Fish Tank demo in Firefox...well, it's really slow.

Piriform French translator