Office 2010 / Wipe Free Space / Sort Start & Favorites Menu

PB2007

Can i make 3 suggestions for this excellent program?

1 - Office 2010 - When using the Clean Recent Documents function it also clears any Pinned documents in Office 2010. Can this be stopped or added as an option? Interestingly the pinned items on the Jump List aren't cleared. I've also requested MS syncronise these as they seem to work independantly at the minute.

2 - Wipe Free Space - Any chance this can be configured into a proper tool with the ability to wipe selected folders and files?

3 - Can we have an option to sort the Start and Favorites Menu including subfolders?

Thanks...

2 - Wipe Free Space - Any chance this can be configured into a proper tool with the ability to wipe selected folders and files?

I was not aware that free space could exist within a folder.

Alan

I was not aware that free space could exist within a folder.

Alan

Not really what i asked for!!

I didn't say "Can you make it wipe the free space in a folder"

I asked "Can it be configured into a proper tool with the ability to wipe selected folders and files?"

Workaround : you can include the folder you want to be cleaned, select "Secure Deletion" (1 pass is enough - unless you use 20 years old drives), check the "Custom files/folders" checkbox, and clean ;)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

Wipe Free space only wipes space attributed to neither file nor folder thus it would be impossible for it to specify a file or folder to wipe. This is what Alan_B was getting at.

WipeFreeSpace should never be run. . . period. . . unless you will be selling the computer. . . or the CIA is after your nuclear secrets (of course they could still retrieve them after WFS but it'd be harder)

The third suggestion you make, I don't feel falls under CCleaner stated mission of removing junk, but i like the idea for some program to be able to do that.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Workaround : you can include the folder you want to be cleaned, select "Secure Deletion" (1 pass is enough - unless you use 20 years old drives), check the "Custom files/folders" checkbox, and clean

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Wipe Free space only wipes space attributed to neither file nor folder thus it would be impossible for it to specify a file or folder to wipe.

Yes i understand that, which i why i suggested adding the ability to specify files and folders as a function.... Not to worry Aethec seems to have the answer...

WipeFreeSpace should never be run. . . period. . . unless you will be selling the computer. . .

Or occassionally work with sensitive data and a free space wipe just takes too long to do regularly...

PB2007,

1. It seems CC simply wipes too much Office 2010 settings. CC uses an embedded script that tells CC what to wipe. You can finetune how CC cleans the settings for Office 2010 by writing your own script which tells CC what to wipe and what not. This webpage provides clues how to do it.

http://docs.piriform...leaner-to-clean

Paste the info in the attachment into your own Winapp2.ini file and store it in the folder where Ccleaner.exe is installed. By a process of elimination you must find out which of these lines is responsible for wiping the settings you want to keep. A matter of trial and error.

2. CC does adress the Jump Lists. Don't you have a box called ""Jump Task Lists"" in the ""Windows"" pane ? That's the box to be ticked.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

PB2007,

In CC v2.33, there's a box called ""Menu order cache"" under ""Advanced"" in the ""Windows"" pane. Ticking that box will make CC sort your Start menu and your Favourite weblinks.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!