Blue Screen error

Tigerllc74

Lately (last few months), I have been getting numerous blue screen crashes. It seem some sort of driver issue.

One is TDI.sys (network driver) and second is bdftdif.sys (used by Bitdefender virus software).

What is interesting is that after i do the safe mode and boot normally, everything works fine until the next blue screen crash.

My question is if these files are supposed to be corrupted (thus the blue screen), then how came I can reboot and keep using the computer ?

More importantly, (my laptops are 3 yrs old), does this (blue screen) mean that my computer is SLOWLY DYING??

Some thought mother board is getting hot ?? But same blue screen even after computer is off for a day or two.

I did chkdsk and memory test. No problems found. No virus or spyware either.

Any ideas ???

Thanks,

Tiger

• Moderators

Possibly a driver issue. It can even be caused by having a driver or service for one software that causes your antivirus to lockup your system. It helps to look in the Windows Event Viewer logs to see exactly what caused it, then you can either disable or uninstall a software causing the issue for a few days to see if that fixes it.

I keep getting a random explorer.exe crash every 4 or so days (even on this fresh XP install) then it disappears with no harm done for several more days.

If the BSODs are from a BitDefender driver, you should try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it (but I don't know if BitDefender allows you to do that without losing your licence key)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

Make sure you computer is set up to collect minidumps.

In xp this is done my right-clicking on 'my computer' and selecting the advanced tab. Then go to the settings of the startup and recovery bit.

Make sure 'write an event to system log' is ticked and use the drop down box there to choose 'small memory dump 64kb'

This will mean when you get a BSOD the info about it will be put in c\minidumps. (bear in mind that ccleaner cleans these!)

Then you can zip up the minidump and send it to BitDefender to see what they say.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com