Skype Activex/Com issues - Safe to fix?

JG Seven

No offense intended, but if you are asking here something about the Registry Cleaner, you shouldn't use it. "Useless" reg keys won't degrade performance or whatever, unless you have serious problems (e.g. a program that failed to uninstall)

Piriform French translator

Make a system restore point prior to the cleaning and make a backup of the registry using a program called Erunt.

I do believe that useless or corrupt registry keys degrade the computer's performance in contrary to Aethec but with only a few of them, its almost impossible to tell that removing them would improve performance. However many more useless or corrupt registry keys would in deed slow down the performance to an extent.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Make a system restore point prior to the cleaning and make a backup of the registry using a program called Erunt.

I do believe that useless or corrupt registry keys degrade the computer's performance in contrary to Aethec but with only a few of them, its almost impossible to tell that removing them would improve performance. However many more useless or corrupt registry keys would in deed slow down the performance to an extent.

Unless the said reg keys are really corrupt (i.e. they should contain valid data, have programs wanting for them, but don't have any valid data in them) and not simply "forgotten" after an uninstall or something, it won't degrade the computer's performance.

Piriform French translator

Unless the said reg keys are really corrupt (i.e. they should contain valid data, have programs wanting for them, but don't have any valid data in them) and not simply "forgotten" after an uninstall or something, it won't degrade the computer's performance.

There is no absolute claim that it will or will not degrade the computer's performance.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

There is no absolute claim that it will or will not degrade the computer's performance.

Unused, forgotten, left-over, orphan registry keys may make the registry files a few KB larger, but they have no effect whatsoever on the computer's, or Windows, or applications performance.