Anti Malcious combo?

Mike 1025

Hi what in your personal opinion is a good anti malware virus combo..for normal browsing......presently am using Avast, MBAM, ASAM, Spywareblaster.......my OS is clean.......any suggestions.....personally id prefer light & effective ones rather than hoggers.

Hoping to hear your expert thoughts.

I tried both........i.e MBAM, SAS, in real mode on friend's machine.......& found MBAM to be the better.......it blocked some IPs......detected 3 malware Trojons & Worm bagle that SAS & Avast missed.........SAS only detected 2 tracking cookies .........using IE 8 & not FF to have an option of blocking tracking cookies.....so to summarzie Avast 5 & MBAM (real time) are good enough........as to cookies I could try FF as my default browser......btw SAS uses more memory resources in real time vs MBAM........no fun in buying both....what are your thoughts.

Thanks again,

Regards!

removed log - Visit the Spyware Hell forum please - Ror

• Moderators

Please post in the spyware hell part of the forum with logs etc. after following this first

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20120

Please don't post logs in other areas of the forum.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

what are your thoughts.

Don't buy any??? Well this is simply MY opinion. I think real time is a waste of time. I really dont understand how people get so infected. I normally put it down to 2 things.

1: downloading crap from torrents and p2p.

2: kids

The later being the worse. I'm called around to my dads weekly because of something my little sister has downloaded.

I keep my host file updated, Browse with FF. And scan once a month with MBAM (quick scan)

No fate but what we make

Hi, Mike 1025. :)

Did you read here yet? Safe Computing. Good stuff.

For my 2 cents, run a virtualizer app in addition to everything else. I have much respect for all the members here, but don't think that common sense will protect your system.

I have encountered a virus while going to a site about the Dalai Lama, the Vietnam Conflict, searching for Piriform Forums, searching for Dell laptop drivers....etc, etc. All harmless looking sites. More than once, the malaware got past everything else and restarted the machine. Due to the virtualizer app, all gone on restart.

Plus the 2 most mentioned on here are free, and run light.

I think I'm gonna have that tattooed on my forehead, just below the tinfoil hat.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Hi, Mike 1025. :)

I must agree login123, it's the reason I run Returnil, if I need to save something i.e. a document created when I have been downloading and installing suspect SW, and I do not want that document flushed after a re boot, or an app that I trust, I just drop into the virtual HD which does not get flushed following a re boot. Returnil was also free for personal use, includes it's own AV, coupled with Avast 5.0 + spybot search & destroy, I feel reasonably safe. ;)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Tinfoil? Always use brass mesh for your hats!

...googling for dense weave brass mesh...

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.