Paragorn Partion Manager Pro 9.5 FREE !

abu aufa

Thank you for the link. BTW , couldn`t help seen that you are using two AV: Avast pro and Avira, aren`t you having any clashes between these ? It is known that you are not supposed to use more than one AV in one system!

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Nice one, abu afa.

FYI...you can download the app and get the serial number even if you don't install it immediately. Under powershadow (or Returnil) I went thru the installer steps, clicked on the "Get Serial" box, and the product key and serial numbers were sent to my email addrs. Then cancelled the install. I intend to install it on a computer that is not here right now, so no violation of the eula.

Used powershadow 'cause I was afraid it would do a full install before asking for registration, but it didn't.

Well, OK, probably everyone in the universe knew this, but there may be someone out there who didn't, so there it is. :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Thank you for the link. BTW , couldn`t help seen that you are using two AV: Avast pro and Avira, aren`t you having any clashes between these ? It is known that you are not supposed to use more than one AV in one system!

I use Avira in my main PC and Avast Pro in another one.I have 3 PCs. ;)

I use Avira in my main PC and Avast Pro in another one.I have 3 PCs. ;)

Since you are the user of both AV ,I take the oportunity to ask you if you have noticed any advantages of one upon the other? I personally use Avast .

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Since you are the user of both AV ,I take the oportunity to ask you if you have noticed any advantages of one upon the other? I personally use Avast .

I'd be interested too ... I use Avira but I'm getting a little weary of the update difficulties with their servers.

I'd be interested too ... I use Avira but I'm getting a little weary of the update difficulties with their servers.

Same here, updates have been slow as hell for months now. Check out the elapsed time in this screenshot (and it's not even started downloading anything yet!):

• Moderators
Use Avira Premium here -- get regular multiple updates per day. Very happy!

That's the key to being very happy with AntiVir's update speeds, plain and simple you have to buy a license to have access to the premium server, or just put up with random very slow updating!

I've lost count how many times I've dumped AntiVir over the years due to slow updates, that problem is completely non-existent in Avast Home Edition, AVG Free, etc.

what do you mean weary ? are you using FREE Avira ?if yes, have a look This Thread ;)

I was happy with them.

Yes, I've posted on that thread :)

I don't find it acceptable that you have such frequent problems with updates. Some times it's fine (and fusebundle is all very well occassionally); but you shouldn't have to worry about it! It may be a free product, but the update mechanism just dosn't match up to that of the other vendors.

Well, since poor abu afa's thread is thoroughly pirated 1.gif, has anyone given miscrosoft security essentials MSE much tryout since this initial post? http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=24483&st=0

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Continuing with the hijacked thread (sorry!) ...

I use 'Free Download Manager' (excellent open-source download manager) and have it configured to invoke the Avira command-line scanner to auto-scan my downloads. One thing I find slightly disappointing about Avast is that there's no command-line scanner in the free version.

Can't have everything I suppose :(

• Moderators
yea ..this gonna be AV thread :)

abu, this thread went off topic at post number two!!! :o

This has to be some sort of record, and if you want I'll ban all the perpetrators for you, excluding myself of course, as I'm not sure if I can do that. :)

This has to be some sort of record, and if you want I'll ban all the perpetrators for you, excluding myself of course, as I'm not sure if I can do that. :)

I'm sure it can be arranged :P

do not ban me mod :o its not my fault :(