Overly large images in sigs.

Capman

Does a user really need an image in a sig that is so big it is in your face?

This is what the Forum rules allow:

Signature Size Limits

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits

* For text signatures: 6 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)

* For images in signatures: 1 image up to 600 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 20k in size

* Only small animated images in sigs are allowed

This seem's to be being exploited at the moment.

• Moderators

Besides the fact that it makes their posts a pain to read it also causes problems for dial up users. The larger the pic the longer it takes for the page to load. I didnt even have a sig untill twistedmetal put a message in mine that I needed one. which is why I just put firefox and CCleaner in it.

• Moderators

I didnt really care. I don't think having a sig is all that important but I have seen some forums where they have huge 1500 post threads talking about what their sigs look like. I guess if I was talented with photoshop or something I would make one but I'm not. I can do basic stuff but none of the cool stuff you see in some places.

I have no problem with sigs like Tarun who is advertising his site (its not huge and annoying) or Englishmen but Mangix's is too big and kind of pointless. Who needs to see a big 7 zip advertisement in every topic?

I agree. There is little to NO moderation of this forum at all, unless something gets reported. There are forum rules and they're not followed. People spam here, give false/bad -even malicious- information and get away with it. Maybe we need an online petition to get proper forum moderation here.

2,000th post, ironically.

You have done this before, I can tell.

Edit, mister 2001.

We should discuss what all should be involved in the writing of this petition so that everything is properly covered. All bases and needs, things of that nature. Everyone's opinions matter in a cause of this nature.

Btw, I've never done this before; though it's in my nature to have a strong leadership style role. ;)

• Moderators

I don't mind a signature if it isn't in bold text, for me bold text in sig's is too distracting.

The larger the pic the longer it takes for the page to load.

Not a problem for me hence I turn images off until I need them. And if someone has unusually large pictures that annoy or distract me in their sig's I simply block that site from loading images.

I think it is annoying to see peoples huge signatures. I came to read the content of the post, not see see peoples huge graphical signatures.

They also waste bandwidth...

And as for animated GIF's, they're the devil!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png