Ccleaner 2.21.940 takes a long time to analyze and to clean

NourinE

hi !

after updating to the latest version of Ccleaner, I noticed that it takes longer in analyzing and cleaning than the previous version, moreover it uses a lot of my CPU.

hi !

after updating to the latest version of Ccleaner, I noticed that it takes longer in analyzing and cleaning than the previous version, moreover it uses a lot of my CPU.

Well can you give a little more info. Which operating system with service pack number. Which browser(s) you are using.

It sounds like you have a lot of crap running in the background that isn't need if it takes that long time to analyse or clean and it shouldn't use more CPU. Mine takes 5 seconds but I have a good os. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I didn't have this problem with the previous versions.

Well the only thing I can suggest at the moment is install a previous version until someone comes up with why this is happening. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
I just ran the Registry clean part of the CCleaner ver 2.04.543 on my Win XP SP2 and the registry size AFTER the clean is now 4 MB bigger than it was BEFORE the reg clean was run.

I have no way of knowing how that's even possible. You can always use a reg defrag program like the freeware Free Registry Defrag.

Also your CCleaner version is very outdated, you can update it here.

Try these things.

- Download Nirsoft's startup run & disable (not delete) all startup items you don't need & BHO you don't need, then reboot.

- Go to C:/Program Files/CCleaner & delete everything in that folder. CCleaner installs usually leave remnants of previous versions in that folder.

- Install the latest CCleaner.

- Go to http://www.abexo.com/free-registry-cleaner.htm & get their free registry cleaner. It is the safest reg cleaner I have used, allow it to make a backup, & let it remove all it finds. The backup will come in handy if you have problems, but Abexo is tops on their free cleaner.

- Install the latest CCleaner, but UNCHECK the boxes for check for update & install CCleaner toolbar.

Running Abexo Registry Cleaner will remove entries referring to older versions of CCleaner.

Doing the above steps before installing the latest CCleaner ensures that no older version is left to cause conflicts or problems.

Let me know how it runs afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...