progs running with CCleaner without probs ?

henriette

Hello :)

said it already in my topic.

What applications are NOT running "with" CCleaner 2.20 :huh:

On my WinXP Pro I got:

TuneUp Utilities 2008

NTRegOpt

Spybot S&D 1.6.2

Aren't there any conflicts with CCleaner 2.20 - I won't run them at the same time of course. :rolleyes:

Should I uninstall any of the above after installing CCleaner 2.20 :huh:

Hoping for an answer.

henriette

nobody knows - only my nose knows ...

Hi, henriette. :) Welcome.

I also run Spybot. No conflict. Might help to read here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=4, general information about Ccleaner, forgive me if you read it already.

Also, have used many, many applications at the same time as Ccleaner, no conflicts.

Problems seem to start when a user makes a change without knowing what it really means. Doesn't matter what program he or she is using to do it.

For sure, don't change the registry until you are certain what your changes will cause.

Edit: And as far as I can tell your English is flawless.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Hiya :)

thank you both for your replies.

Yes I read the postings in the Link, just missed a general listing of applications that might cause conflicts.

Since You told me that there aren't any I will install CCleaner 2,20 (unless there is a new version by now) ;)

Problems seem to start when a user makes a change without knowing what it really means

Yes I gotta learn how to use CCleaner and be very careful.

don't change the registry until you are certain what your changes will cause.

That is a point I have been thinking of - got several 'how to install", some recommend ecplicitly to avoid cleaning the registry for safety reasons.

I also think I won't let CCleaner clean the registry since I am not too familiar with it.

If ever I have to delete something special in the registry I do it by a specific instruction which are to be found e.g in a real knowledge web-site.

I also don't rely on features telling "will be saved" + "can be restored" and such. This based on my own experiences with RegCleanTools that say so and then actually no restore is possible - for whatever the reasons are :ph34r:

I do hope you understand what I mean. Of course I will use the regclean in CCleaner if you advice me to do so.

(I'm always glad for help before installing).

Here a Link - in German - but just have a look at the pics, maybe you can tell me if it's the right way to do it:

http://www.pc-experience.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=23246

= "CCleaner using in a safe way!"

note: although CCleaner 1.35, the link-page was updated March 2009.

Thank you for your nice welcome :wub:

henriette

This is just IMHO

Cleaning registries don't make much of a difference in terms of disk space.

And even if you do, please take a backup using ERUNT - which is a registry backup tool.

I have all those apps you have listed, no conflicts so far :)

I have decided to keep away from the registry sections though :)

Fix it if you know what you're doing - otherwise you might end up breaking our PC :)

Not scaring you :lol:

Simplicity is hard.

:)

I do know ERUNT. Got NTREGopt. Have been thinking about ERUNT where NTREGopt is part of it, as far as I recall.

But I will keep away from the registry except in certain cases, then maually change a reg-key once I'm certain of what I do.

There is no lack of disc-space to be expected :lol: gave 60GB to Systempartition.

Do you happen to know if in XP Pro the systemrestore'point' also grabs the registry :huh:

If yes, what do I need a registry backup tool for :huh:

I have all those apps you have listed, no conflicts so far

Great :D

Is it correct that TuneUp Utilities is a tweaking tool whereas CCleaner is a cleaning tool only - so the two won't 'bite' each other as Germans say :rolleyes:

Thanks also for the link to ERUNT.

henriette :)

True, TU-Utilities ALSO, cleans - like CCleaner. But it makes no difference whatsoever.

It's like having 2 Erasers of different brands - say Staedtler and Faber-Castell. Doesn't matter what you use, it will do the job :)

Simplicity is hard.

Thank you for explaining :)

just one last question:

there are 2 versions of CCleaner.

slim + full. They say that slim is without toolbar which I don't want, and as I see it no install - so nothing in registry -I love those. So which one should I take :huh:

Also 2 Files each for install. *.exe + setup - which one :huh:

Ever so thankful for your help.

henriette

I don't know I never used slim, as I always downloaded the full one and excluded the installation of the Yahoo Toolbar in the options, while installing.

I guess Slim is the same thing without the YT, so makes no difference :)

Simplicity is hard.

said it already in my topic.

What applications are NOT running "with" CCleaner 2.20 :huh:

On my WinXP Pro I got:

TuneUp Utilities 2008

NTRegOpt

Spybot S&D 1.6.2

Aren't there any conflicts with CCleaner 2.20 - I won't run them at the same time of course. :rolleyes:

Should I uninstall any of the above after installing CCleaner 2.20 :huh:

Hoping for an answer.

henriette

Other then tune up utility's, these programs do more harm then good.

No fate but what we make

so I will use the full version if one can uncheck the toolbar. Wasn't sure about that.

But there is a *.exe AND a *.setup file - which one to start :huh:

@ident

tune up utility's, these programs do more harm then good.

well just this is a problem.

First of all I would never have installed it if I had known more about this app.

Tweaked already in my system - could not get it done with any other app or without manually changing registry - or not at all.

Uninstalling "TuneUpUtilities" would cause loss of settings which no other app can 'restore' - so to speak. That's why I am somewhat scared of uninstalling this app. :ph34r:

Any advice for this :huh:

So IF TuneUpUtilities will cause conflicts with CCleaner I'd rather do without installing CCleaner. :(

Please tell me what you think of this :unsure:

@ishan_rulz

Spybot shouldn't do any harm.

If I could get rid of TuneUpUtilities without any changes in my system - which I am afraid is not possible - I would delete NTRegOpt since it is not installed, just has to be started.

BUT: after manually cleaning registry with TuneUp-RegCleaner [always makes backups] NTRegOpt optimizes the registry which should always be done after anything changed or deleted in registry, so there are no 'holes' in registry. Very important. Many users don't know about that. That is why I'd better keep NTRegOpt. :rolleyes:

Would you please advice me what to do - installed XP just 1 month ago. No way to try several apps to then having to uninstall them again, hope you understand :unsure:

henriette

Normal : Download the .exe and run it. Don't forget to exclude then Yahoo Tollbar installation.

Portable : No installer. Download the .zip and extract it somewhere.

Slim : Like Normal, but without toolbar.

There is no .setup file...Unless I'm blind... :huh:

For the Registry things : Dont believe everything you see on Internet. Cleaning Registry is useless, and I don't think defragging it makes a noticeable performance improvement...

Piriform French translator

There is no .setup file...Unless I'm blind...

oh yes, I unzipped it - that's why I got 2 files :lol:

So I will run the *.exe.

Cleaning Registry is useless, and I don't think defragging it makes a noticeable performance improvement...

You're quite right there.

But I still have no idea what to do about TuneUpUtilities ..... :huh:

henriette :unsure:

TuneUpUtilities is a pretty good app.

Let it be. It helps you to optimize your PC, and customize the visual effects, etc.

BTW, that guy said TuneUpUtilities is good. The others are not good. :)

Other then tune up utility's, these programs do more harm then good.

Simplicity is hard.

Hiya :)

so you see - my English is poor - got it wrong :rolleyes:

TuneUpUtilities are good.

Well in some forums they tell users "no wonder XP doesn't work anymore" ... with TuneUp installed.

You wrote:

TU-Utilities ALSO, cleans - like CCleaner. But it makes no difference whatsoever.

That makes me feel much better :lol: So I don't have to install CCleaner cause would do the same job, have I got that right :huh:

On W2K I had quite a lot of cleaning tools. Worked well together and one cleaned what the other hadn't found.

Now on XP I am being extremely careful of what I install.

You know, there is no app all mods would agree to. A System may be 'shot down' without having any tool/app installed. I make backups and save everything I can think of - anyway got errors already which I'm trying to repair or fix. Just the Windows-search doesn't help me at all - get only path instead of files or filetypes. No idea how that.

No google hint or else in the web.

So I might find out in my next life :lol:

Thank you ever so much for correcting my misunderstanding.

henriette :)