Google Chrome - Any suggestions, tips?

slowday444

I finally took the plunge and have to admit I'm quite impressed with its' speed. Not sure I'm ready to give up all of my Firefox conveniences though. It would be even faster if it didn't load adds. I tried to install an Adblock+ plus version for Chrome and it completely crashed it.

An another very solid and proven option is in Ad Muncher. Try it and you will be amazed how effective it is in removing of adds, banners etc. You can get it there http://www.admuncher.com/beta.pl and BTW don't worry for beta, Ad Muncher developers have quite different approach to Betas, they are as stable as official releases.

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1

• Moderators
Use Chromium instead. None of the privacy issues like in Chrome. If you want to block ads in Chrome/Chromium/Iron, check my signature. Or go to www.adsweep.org

You have to check for AdSweep updates everyday it seems. ;)

Here's a goodie, this is a batch install script I made for installing new versions of AdSweep with the end-user version of Chrome currently in the version line of 1.x (modify to your hearts content to suit other versions like the Dev builds, or from Chromium, or for SRWare Iron):

Sorry it makes the page stupid wide. :lol:

@echo offecho [ AdSweep Installer for Google Chrome v1 ] [ Made by Andavari ]echo ==========================================================================echo This will install the AdSweep adblocker user script into your Googleecho Chrome v1 scripts folder "C:\Scripts". If Chrome is currently runningecho you must exit it first.echo.echo 1. After install has finished Chrome will automatically open the AdSweepecho website for further installation instructions that you must completeecho manually. You'll learn how to modify the Chrome shortcuts to always useecho AdSweep. Make sure you modify all your Chrome shortcuts!echo.echo 2. After you change the shortcuts you must visit the AdSweep website againecho and look for a red text at the upper right that tells you it's installed,echo this is the only way to verify if it's installed.echo.echo Note: Check for AdSweep updates very often!echo ==========================================================================echo To install AdSweep:pausemd "C:\Scripts"attrib /s -r +a "C:\Scripts\*.*"copy /v "AdSweep.user.js" "C:\Scripts"attrib /s -r +a "C:\Scripts\*.*""%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --enable-greasemonkey http://www.adsweep.org/clsexit

1. Just name the batch file something like this:

Install AdSweep for Google Chrome v1.bat

2. Place it in your downloads folder, then all you have to do is regularly download AdSweep.user.js then click the install script to install the new version. Easy!

Honestly, I can't discern any difference between Chrome and Firefox rendering pages. What I do like about it though, is that it starts sandboxed sessions immediately. I tend to not leave the desktop pc browser open and sandboxed Firefox sessions take double digit seconds to start on this XP machine. If I just want to check on something real quick I've been using Chrome. My Ff setup is to much to my liking to abandon it. On my vista laptop, sandboxed sessions pretty much start without issue so I probably won't even try it.

• Moderators
My Ff setup is to much to my liking to abandon it.

Ditto. If Firefox didn't have all those useful add-ons it would be so much easier to just let it go and become a distant memory. Although with Chrome not having all that may actually keep it more stable, just my thoughts.

• Moderators

I just tried google chrome for the first time since the original release. I'm actually pretty surprised how fast it is.

Its still very limited but its not too bad. Maybe it will be good once it gets more feature complete.

I just tried google chrome for the first time since the original release. I'm actually pretty surprised how fast it is.

Its still very limited but its not too bad. Maybe it will be good once it gets more feature complete.

I've changed my MINDS ! :o

Latest Chrome needs 3 seconds to load this forum

FF3 : 4s

Opera : 5-6s

It's FASST.. :)