New Worm Discovered

Mike Rochip

• Moderators
Users of Windows 95, 98, and ME are not susceptible to Zotob.

Nice to see some valid info, according to the 10 O'clock news where I live they stated it affected Win95 and above. People with some security knowledge should already know about closing port 445 since it has previously been susceptible to security threats.

Users of Windows 95, 98, and ME are not susceptible to Zotob.

Nice to see some valid info, according to the 10 O'clock news where I live they stated it affected Win95 and above. People with some security knowledge should already know about closing port 445 since it has previously been susceptible to security threats.

I know what you mean, the local news here just said all Windows OS's are vulnerable...

I never thought to check if I had open ports. I found this site that has a pretty comprehensive system of tests.

ZoneAlarm passed with flying colors.

According to CNews, a Canadian news site, The Wall Street Journal reported that ABC News had to use electric typewriters to prepare copy for "World News Tonight." I'm surprised they still had some around.

It also said that an entire network could be infected if it had just one computer running Windows 2000.