built-in updater

abu aufa

Click on the lower right corner "Check for updates..."

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I agree with Yokenny

Not only is there the check for updates but there's also a option that with "phone home" and tell you if there is a new version. Personally I think those are enuff

Auto-Updating makes sense if you have a program that might have security issues that need patching (Quicktime, Java, Windows, MACOS) not ones that are just bettering themselves (CCleaner, Nirsoft Programs, Sysinternals Programs)

Also many many Users of cCleaner are Professional/Semi-Pro Tech Support and need to run ccleaner in a get in get out manner.

Also Many people don't appreciate it when a program you want to run right away say "oh sorry you can't run me yet, I'm updating"

Sorry, Just my Opinion :P

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

ok i have to agree with YoKenny and Nergal and i also have to add and say it's like your email that you check everday you can also setup the rss feed system some how that you can get the rss feeds on a dalay base and set up so you get the from the ccleaner website forum and stuff and the feeds can be set up in your internet explorer and if you not sure what the rss feeds system is at the bottom of this page you see the rss in the bottom left corner learn it its just like having a auto check for updates on a lot of software now i use windows live mail and in my mail cleint i have fees setup for filehippo.com and 25 other site so i dont spend no ware the time i use to going to all them website and look for what is new and stuff now it all comes to me in one place and it is great so do check it out anyone that like to know what your favorite website is up if they have the feeds system you set so go for it

Reformat using sentences and paragraphs because I am trying to understand what is written

OK i have to agree with YoKenny and Nergal and I also have to add and say it's like your email that you check everday.

You can also setup the RSS feed system some how that you can get the RSS feeds on a daily basis.

I have no idea what the rest of the post is trying to convey.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Personally, I like the FileHippo Update Checker. It's great.

YoKenny >> He's saying something about using the RSS feed to check for updates...Probably the little RSS icon in FF's URL Bar.

Piriform French translator

• Moderators
ok i have to agree with YoKenny and Nergal and i also have to add and say it's like your email that you check everday you can also setup the rss feed system some how that you can get the rss feeds on a dalay base and set up so you get the from the ccleaner website forum and stuff and the feeds can be set up in your internet explorer and if you not sure what the rss feeds system is at the bottom of this page you see the rss in the bottom left corner learn it its just like having a auto check for updates on a lot of software now i use windows live mail and in my mail cleint i have fees setup for filehippo.com and 25 other site so i dont spend no ware the time i use to going to all them website and look for what is new and stuff now it all comes to me in one place and it is great so do check it out anyone that like to know what your favorite website is up if they have the feeds system you set so go for it

Arkie, this is really hard to read.

You need to put some page breaks in your posts otherwise we're all gonna end up at the Opticians. :blink: