CCleaner won't delete System32 viruses

lord-phoenix

I've come across this problem several times and it's keeping my computer slow. This virus came up a while ago and it won't go away. I analyze for cookies and bugs and a system32 virus comes up. It is 5.00 MB. After that I go to clean the viruses and it seems like it goes away but I go to analyze the PC again and the system32 virus comes up again. I did this several times and it won't go away. :(

By The Way if you could do this, could you upgrade the CCleaner to delete System32 viruses?

What anti virus application do you use?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

CC isn't a virus detector or cleaner, otherwise it would be 50 mb and called AVG. I would get advice on cleaning this or any virus from your a/v software vendors or from Google, and then put it in effect. It appears that your virus is self-installing, you need to find the source and zap it.

CC isn't a virus detector or cleaner, otherwise it would be 50 mb and called AVG. I would get advice on cleaning this or any virus from your a/v software vendors or from Google, and then put it in effect. It appears that your virus is self-installing, you need to find the source and zap it.
Yes I see your point but it is a spyware and cookie eraser and system32 virus is a spyware and besides I found out how to delete it but it comes right back. :(

• Moderators

Well, I disagree but I don't want to labour the point, it's more important to get the virus removed. What is the name of the infected file? Is this in the startup process (have a look with CC). Search your pc for any examples of the file name and isolate them. Look for it in the registry. Google the virus name, there's bound to be lots of advice about disabling it (actually, do this first).

• Moderators
Yes I see your point but it is a spyware and cookie eraser and system32 virus is a spyware and besides I found out how to delete it but it comes right back. :(

Post here to get rid of your virus

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

removed malware advice

EI Systems 1201

Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2370 1.73GHz Processor

13.3" Widescreen TFT Screen

1GB RAM

160GB HDD

Optical Drive - DVD+/-RW

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Build 6001 (Never done me any harm)

4 x USB 2.0

VGA-Out

Headphone-Out, Mic-In

10/100 Mbit LAN

Wireless LAN b/g

Built-in speakers

IE8

Apple Safari

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Eng (UK) Keyboard

It's better to encourage the poster to get qualified help on the spyware hell part of our forum.

Is anyone listening to the moderators? OP, Please post in the "Spyware Hell" section of the forums for expert help. It's not enough sometimes to just run a scanner and let it remove things automatically. There can be residuals left behind that can still cause problems. Head over there for expert help.

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif