Winter storm moves through southern Ontario

YoKenny

From H0H 0H0 postal zone

Winter storm moves through southern Ontario

A major snowstorm is moving through southern Ontario Friday as the country's busiest airport braces for crowds of holiday travellers, flight delays and cancellations.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/12/19/...m-sontario.html

Nothing fake about the snow in Las Vegas:

http://news.scotsman.com/world/Nothing-fak...snow.4807999.jp

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Look at all that snow! Sometimes I really do miss the white Christmases. Of course I don't miss blizzards and ice and stuff like that though.

Can't believe the snow in Vegas. Maybe there's hope for Florida yet. haha

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Look at all that snow! Sometimes I really do miss the white Christmases. Of course I don't miss blizzards and ice and stuff like that though.
It looks real nice out there right now and another 5-10cm ( 3-5in ) forecast for Sunday but the sidewalks will be treacherous until the next warm spell.

Can't believe the snow in Vegas. Maybe there's hope for Florida yet. haha
That would make the orange growers a bit upset though and parking lots a lawyer's delight.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

It looks real nice out there right now and another 5-10cm ( 3-5in ) forecast for Sunday but the sidewalks will be treacherous until the next warm spell.

Oh I'm sure it's beautiful. Though I don't know if I'd take it over the view I had today. My friends and I went to the beach....blue sky, nothing but sunshine and a ligh breeze. The waves we about 3-4 foot and glassy, but that water was too cold for me to go in. Still, you gotta love Florida in the winter time! lol

That would make the orange growers a bit upset though and parking lots a lawyer's delight.

Haha yup you got it! But oddly enough to produce those very sweet oranges, we need a good freeze. So some snow might help a bit.

Talking of Ice Storms, this is the 3rd time I've dusted these off, but they're definitely worth another look.

t576_icepic10.jpg t577_icecars.JPG t578_P1000240Reduced.jpg

I feel cold just looking at them.

Ack! I missed those before. That's a lot of ice. And all I have to say to that is NO THANKS! :blink::lol: