New Foxit Reader Release

Tom AZ

It will install the Ask.com Toolbar if you are not careful.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Use the zip version.

Looks like the new 3.0 version is truly portable now. It saves the settings to an ini file now.

I always use the zip version myself because they used to piggy back their own toolbar with the installer.

It's not portable at all, it still writes into the registry which my watched installation with Total Uninstall logged.

I have set 'Default zoom' to "Actual size", but it doesn't work. Some documents are still a lot smaller, when i open them. How i can open them always with actual size?

So, is it possible to disable ads anymore?

It's not portable at all, it still writes into the registry which my watched installation with Total Uninstall logged.

Yes, there's still some foxit reader registry keys, even though there's an .ini file.

It only includes the program file. You can of course manually download the free add-ons here, or from within Foxit Reader.

Where should I place the downloaded add-ons, in the folder where Foxit sits too?

I always use the zip version myself because they used to piggy back their own toolbar with the installer.

It is portable in the sense you can move it and keep your settings with the ini file. I'm sure it does write to the registry but most if not all "portable" apps do. Every one I have tracked with Zsoft Uninstaller created some registry entries. Portable to me means no install and can be moved and still keep your settings and isn't dependent on the registry. I don't think it's possible to run any program and not create some registry entries.