New Record?

Sniper

A couple of weeks ago, my sister was bitchin' about her computer running slow. I downloaded CCleaner and ran it. I thought the thing had locked up cause it was taking so long. It finally finished. 10 minutes and 26 seconds with 750+Mb of crap deleted. This has gotta be a new record. She'll never learn.LOL

• Moderators

It's easy to tell if a system is well overdue for a cleaning just how it performs, and how the hard disk trashes. I remember a companies computer that had WinXP Pro which was acting really strange and super slow due to the fact it never had any junk files removed, and was never defragmented.

It's easy to tell if a system is well overdue for a cleaning just how it performs, and how the hard disk trashes. I remember a companies computer that had WinXP Pro which was acting really strange and super slow due to the fact it never had any junk files removed, and was never defragmented.

Yep...been there. My brother bought a HP at a yardsale for $40 US. The seller thought it was trashed cause it ran so slow you could eat lunch waiting for a program to open. It had so much garbage in it that I reformatted it from the partition and now it runs like a new one. 2 Gig processor, DVD-Rom+CD-RW, and 60Gig hard drive for 40 bucks........I could just kill him. :)

Why did you help him fix it? You could have just told him it was broke and then told him that you would pay him for it. :lol:

I wanted to see how long it would take him to screw it up. Took about 2 days. Seems he decided to clean the dust out of the tower and pulled a fan out so he could blow it off. It was the CPU fan and the processor came with it. :rolleyes: He called me and said it wouldn't boot up. I didn't have time to look at it so took it to a repair shop. When he stuck the CPU back in, he bent some of the pins. The guy at the shop charged him $35 to fix it.