Firefox 3.0

tommyk

I just downloaded the new version and am having a problem with Firefox freezing up.

I also don't like the "Awesome Bar" that brings up visited sites (privacy issue!)

Is anybody having problems with 3.0 and can I go back to the prior version?

Thanks

• Moderators

I've had nothing but problems with every 3.0.x release to date from the installation version only though. You can also try the portable version which for some odd reason doesn't always give everyone issues.

You can always go back to the 2.x installation version, just bookmark this page:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or....0/win32/en-US/

I've had nothing but problems with every 3.0.x release to date from the installation version only though. You can also try the portable version which for some odd reason doesn't always give everyone issues.

You can always go back to the 2.x installation version, just bookmark this page:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or....0/win32/en-US/

Do I need to uninstall 3.0 before installing 2.x?

Hi tommy. I went straight back to Firefox 2 as well, but if you ever want to go back to Firefox 3, or use the portable version, you can disable the "Aweful" bar.

How to disable "Awesome" bar in Firefox 3:

I'm assuming this will work with the portable as well, as I've never used that version.

Portable and regular FF are identical. Every thing you can tweak and do on the regular FF you can do on the Portable. All they do is take regular FF and make some changes to the file structure so it's all self contained in one folder and give it a launcher. Settings and feature wise they are identical.

Hi tommy. I went straight back to Firefox 2 as well, but if you ever want to go back to Firefox 3, or use the portable version, you can disable the "Aweful" bar.

How to disable "Awesome" bar in Firefox 3:

I'm assuming this will work with the portable as well, as I've never used that version.

Just a quick thanks to everyone for the great help I receive here.

While I'm not a regular poster . . . I do check in every now and then to see what's good & what's bad with computers & software.

Every time I have an issue/problem and ask for help I get solid and helpful assistance.

Once again . . . thanks to all!

TommyK

Not to drag a topic out farther then it needs to be but...

You don't like the new toolbar? I find it very useful. It finds stuff in your favorites through keywords, tags, or words in the actual link. Your history is cleared if you use CCleaner :D

AJ

I never even came in contact with this "awesome bar" and I've had FF 3+ since July. What is this freak of nature you talk about, and how can I slay this invisible dragon? (I never "Search", is that applicable?)

I never even came in contact with this "awesome bar" and I've had FF 3+ since July. What is this freak of nature you talk about, and how can I slay this invisible dragon? (I never "Search", is that applicable?)

The awesome bar is the address bar. Start typing in it and you will get a list of bookmarks, tags, and history of visited pages in a drop down list.

• 1 month later...

Hi KCGator,

Welcome to the forums !!!

Are you having problems with CCleaner not cleaning this or Firefox not doing it ?

There seems to be problems from other posts I have read and these Firefox users can give us both the latest information.

I sure would appreciate an update on this subject.

:) davey alligator_walking2.gif

This one is for you Gator. You can lift it from my reply. I am a proud Florida Gator Dad. I think this Gator walked all the way from Germany.

I love the walking gator! Thanks!

I think I misspoke and said the wrong problem with firefox....it's the awesome address history bar that I cannot get to delete manually or with CCleaner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am frustrated because I can't find a solution.

Thanks for your reply, the gator and any help you can offer.

I love the walking gator! Thanks!

I think I misspoke and said the wrong problem with firefox....it's the awesome address history bar that I cannot get to delete manually or with CCleaner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am frustrated because I can't find a solution.

Thanks for your reply, the gator and any help you can offer.

Gator,

Did you try this solution.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=118567

I don't use Firefox but many others here do.

Good luck,

:) davey