How hard is it to uninstall CCleaner

redcloud

I have not yet installed CCleaner but wondering how hard is it to uninstall this program before returning computer back in when done with it? Also not being very computer savvy do I need to request which files / history / programs it will delete or will it default to delete all unless specified? Thanks for all the help !!

• Moderators

Hello red cloud and welcome to the forum :)

Have a read here

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

Use the default settings and leave advanced unchecked for now. Also don't use the registry cleaner (issues) until you feel at bit more at home with the program

If using the full version, make sure you watch out at install for the option to install the yahoo toolbar, make sure this is unticked unless you want it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Welcome to Piriform redcloud.

I have not yet installed CCleaner but wondering how hard is it to uninstall this program before returning computer back in when done with it? Also not being very computer savvy do I need to request which files / history / programs it will delete or will it default to delete all unless specified? Thanks for all the help !!

Its not hard to uninstall CCleaner providing you use the Windows Add/Remove not the CC uninstaller because you can't uninstall an app if its in use. You won't recover your deleted files as in Windows\Temp, Cookies, History unless you use Recuva. If you do uninstall then you will loose all your settings because it removes itself from the registry unless you used the ini option.

If you ever update to a newer version don't uninstall the old one first just install over the top that will retain your previous settings. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Why would anyone have a problem uninstalling CCleaner? If you did, I bet the problem isn't CCleaner.

I think he's worried that it will leave a load of unwanted files behind Corona. CCleaner has a good uninstaller it removes everything in the CCleaner folder and cleans the registry, no extra files are installed. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I think he's worried that it will leave a load of unwanted files behind Corona. CCleaner has a good uninstaller it removes everything in the CCleaner folder and cleans the registry, no extra files are installed. ;)

I have been using CCleaner for several years I have not faced any problem in uninstalling CCleaner ,tobe frank we don't have necessity to uninstall CCleaner,portable CCleaner is available ,if don't want to install that using portable CCleaner is good decision.