Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Humpty

It has come to our attention that a critical bug existed between Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.00 and version 1.25. If you ever removed anything using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware during that time, please run the attached file. Your SecurityProviders value may have been corrupted.

The original values of the value should have looked like this.

file1.dll, file2.dll, file3.dll

When repairing the registry value, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may have reset the values to the following.

file1.dll file2.dll file3.dll (note lack of commas)

This has already been repaired in version 1.26, however, those exposed to this bug must be repaired. Attached is a utility that will tell you whether the registry value is corrupt and it will offer to fix it by adding the necessary commas. We apologize for the problems this may have caused and we hope to never have a repeat of this situation.

Simply download the file to your desktop, unzip it, and run it.

Malwarebytes Forum Fix

What do they mean by "Your Security Providers value may have been corrupted"? What security provider are they referring to? My AV or what?

Dunno Anthony?

Maybe just run the fix and see what it comes up with.

Uploaded to Rapid Share for those that can't get it from the forum.

Rapid Share

i1654_MBAM.JPG

What do they mean by "Your Security Providers value may have been corrupted"? What security provider are they referring to? My AV or what?

Answer from MBAM's forum.Quote Raid:

No. This particular bug would only affect you if your computer was part of a LAN in a configuration that required it authenticate itself to others. It has nothing to do with antivirus, or security otherwise.

Dunno Anthony?

Maybe just run the fix and see what it comes up with.

Rapid Share

i1654_MBAM.JPG

OMG, I have been corrupted. Off to reboot and see a priest or a shaman or such.

Thanks for the heads up Humpty!!!

:) davey

Rapid Share

Hi Humpty,

I am a member of Malwarebytes.org so I logged in and applied the fix from their site.

I also tested what you uploaded for non-members of Malewarebytes.org at Rapid Share.

Downloaded it and extracted and executed and it works as well as far as I could tell.

My "SecurityProviders value" is no longer corrupted. So I could not actually apply the fix.

Hi Humpty,

I am a member of Malwarebytes.org so I logged in and applied the fix from their site.

I also tested what you uploaded for non-members of Malewarebytes.org at Rapid Share.

Downloaded it and extracted and executed and it works as well as far as I could tell.

My "SecurityProviders value" is no longer corrupted. So I could not actually apply the fix.

I used the uploaded file from Humpty and it said the security provider WAS corrupted and I applied the fix and it worked. So the file works if you don't feel like registering at their forum.

I downloaded version 1.25 few weeks ago and scanned with a "Quick" scan. All it found was 3, basicly false positives -> registry settings i have changed myself, like remove log off from Start Menu. No actions taken.

I get the same false positives. Each time I scan I get the "remove log off from Start menu" item. Why would I want to remove that? It's handy to have it right there...

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Each time I scan I get the "remove log off from Start menu" item. Why would I want to remove that? It's handy to have it right there...

You only get that item referring to Start Menu Log off button, if you ARE REMOVED that "Log off button" from the Start Menu by registry modification. So MBAM thinks, that maybe malware/virus has changed that registry setting. I have removed that "Log off button" from the Start Menu, because i don't use it anyway. Guess i want to keep things minimal.