New Ver 2.11.636

AliceZ

I downloaded the CCleaner Slim Build 2.11.636 today to my WinXP desktop with no problem.

When I tried to download and install the CCleaner Slim Build 2.11.636 to my Vista Premium I see this pop-up (I downloaded the CCleaner Slim Build 2.11.636 today to my WinXP desktop with no problem.

When I tried to download and install the CCleaner Slim Build 2.11.636 to my Vista Premium I see this pop-up (hope image will show below):

Copying one item (846 KB)

from Evnllaid (C:\...\EVNLLAIZ) to

Downloads (C:\Downloads)

Discovered 0 items (0 bytes)..

(and green bar graph going from left to right)

Why do I see this on my Vista notebook and not on my WinXP????

Is it OKAY to download/install???

can't attach photo here, or I would have). It says:

Copying one item (846 KB)

from Evnllaid (C:\...\EVNLLAIZ) to

Downloads (C:\Downloads)

Discovered 0 items (0 bytes)..

(and green bar graph going from left to right)

Why do I see this on my Vista notebook and not on my WinXP????

Is it OKAY to download/install???

ccleanerdljo3.th.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4701/ccleanerdljo3.jpg

The downloaded file is being moved from a temp location to "C:\Downloads". I assume EVNLLAIZ is your user account name and that C:\Downloads is where you chose to save the file. In any event I see this behavior all the time running Vista Business Edition. But for me it only happens with very large files. Otherwise smaller files are moved so quickly I dont see the progress dialog.

• Moderators

This is ABSOLUTLY normal behavior (and this does happen (less frequently) with large files on XP as Well)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

The downloaded file is being moved from a temp location to "C:\Downloads". I assume EVNLLAIZ is your user account name and that C:\Downloads is where you chose to save the file. In any event I see this behavior all the time running Vista Business Edition. But for me it only happens with very large files. Otherwise smaller files are moved so quickly I dont see the progress dialog.

Never saw that before. Either on my WinXP or on this (new) Vista Premium.

I have never heard of the "EVNLLAIZ," therefore, not my 'user account.'

I save all my downloads to my "Downloads" folder and they all go directly there when I download them; that is why I question why this "EVNLLAIZ" 'double' download.

Also, didn't see before when I downloaded previous version.

Alice

• Moderators

I've only seen it once before on XP when downloading I think a service pack from Microsoft. If you were using Internet Explorer it may be copying or moving the file from Temporary Internet Files to your download location.

EVNLLAIZ is a temporary folder. After reading Andavari's post I took a closer look at the folder name and realized its not a name. Its 8 random alpha characters.

The file was downloaded to the temporary folder and once complete, moved to the location you chose to save it. Despite how it appears, you didnt 'double' download the file.

EVNLLAIZ is a temporary folder. After reading Andavari's post I took a closer look at the folder name and realized its not a name. Its 8 random alpha characters.

The file was downloaded to the temporary folder and once complete, moved to the location you chose to save it. Despite how it appears, you didnt 'double' download the file.

Thanks all.

So I can presume that the EVNLLAIZ was removed from my Vista after the download?

Guess we'll never know why this happens on one machine (Vista; IE7) and not on the other (WinXP; IE6), which were both downloaded while IE was open; and one after the other.