Ad-Aware 2008

Malwarebyte's Anti Malware

CCleaner 2.09

Recuva 1.16

Real Player 11

Winamp 5.54

FF3

Opera 9.51

Is it safe (now) to upgrade my OS (to SP3) ?

Thank n' best regards,

I have updated my XP Home and Pro systems to SP3 as soon as it became available from Windows Update and they both work without problems.

Avast anti virus

CCleaner 2.09

IE7 with IE7Pro

Windows Defender

WinPatrol PLUS

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

In my previous experience, I never had problems regarding conflicting software, rather I had problems regarding registry permissions. I was able to fix it by following this guide. One advice though: turn off most programs running in background such as real-time antimalware. At least you may reduce possible problems brought by running programs because the system cannot terminate them.

thank for your advices

what your suggests if I have problem when upgrading to SP3 ? honestly, I really worry to do this because my original XP CD is missing.

Can you get the 25 digit key?

Standard Hooplah

The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware open source utility that retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to install Windows from your registry. It allows you to print or save your keys for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007 family of products. It also has a community-updated configuration file that retrieves product keys for many other applications. Another feature is the ability to retrieve product keys from unbootable Windows installations.

http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder

Borrow a friend's CD and use your key but I doubt it will be necessary.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user