Java no longer working on IE7

Stephen

I have Vista Home Premium SP!, IE7. After that last IE update, Java no longer works on IE7, even though it says it is installed. Any ideas?

I just did a update check, and found no updates. I've not found an IE update in quite some time. Perhaps, it's a virus? Malware? I don't know what to say. I, too, have Vista Home Premium SP1, and use Java everyday. Do you have the latest build of Java? If not, it's on Filehippo.com.

Do you think, perhaps, you can show a pic of what it says or does when it "doesn't work"?

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

IE just had an update last week. Came out with the rest of Microsoft's fixes on Patch Tuesday.

Ahhh... Security upgrade. I don't really look at them. >.>

Anywho; like I said, I haven't had any problems with Java, since the upgrade. 10/06/2008, right?

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

Secunia: Online Software Inspector says I'm OK on my XP Home and Pro systems:

http://secunia.com/software_inspector

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I have Vista Home Premium SP!, IE7. After that last IE update, Java no longer works on IE7, even though it says it is installed. Any ideas?

Hi Stephen,

A similar situation occurred about 4 weeks ago.

See this thread and I think you will keep a lot of possible problems from occurring besides solving your current problem.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=104341

Good luck,

:) davey

Hi Stephen,

A similar situation occurred about 4 weeks ago.

See this thread and I think you will keep a lot of possible problems from occurring besides solving your current problem.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=104341

Good luck,

Actually, I was using Secunia to check out updates when I discovered the java problem. I've finally gotten it fixed - by uninstalling the regular java and installing the latest beta build (10). The latest regular version doesn't work.

Another weird thing - when I tried this morning to open the link in my email notification to this thread, I was not able to do so. I got an error message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please check with your system administrator". I've never had this happen before. Does anyone know what this is about?

Actually, I was using Secunia to check out updates when I discovered the java problem. I've finally gotten it fixed - by uninstalling the regular java and installing the latest beta build (10). The latest regular version doesn't work.

Another weird thing - when I tried this morning to open the link in my email notification to this thread, I was not able to do so. I got an error message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please check with your system administrator". I've never had this happen before. Does anyone know what this is about?

When strange things start occurring,the first thing I do is run several security scans.

:) davey 1 thing happens it is to be expected.2 things it is time to get serious.

P.S. Did you uninstall the latest Java and then install it again.Then try it out.

The Beta version may be causing problems itself.

Did you also get JavaRa and clean out all the old Java stuff.

Edited by davey

When strange things start occurring,the first thing I do is run several security scans.

:) davey 1 thing happens it is to be expected.2 things it is time to get serious.

P.S. Did you uninstall the latest Java and then install it again.Then try it out.

The Beta version may be causing problems itself.

Did you also get JavaRa and clean out all the old Java stuff.

Tried all that - didn't help.

Another Happy Vista user? :unsure:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Don't forget the basic uninstall/install stuff like reboot.

Brings in nice fresh copies of stuff. :P Never hurts especially with weird stuff happening.

Another Happy Vista user? :unsure:

Why is that your immediate reaction?

It's looking like related to IE, not Vista. And for the record, I had more issues with XP over the years than I've had with Vista.

For those of you offering actual suggestions, thanks!

Has that solved your java problem with IE7?

It has.

Now - when I go into the Security Center, it says both Kaspersky and Windows Firewall are on - even though I uninstalled Kaspersly and cleaned out the registry. Any ideas why this is?

• Moderators

Sometimes the security centre can get a bit confused. if you are ABSOLUTELY sure Kaspersky is gone and have done a reboot and it still shows, you could have a read here, in particular method A.

http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2...ng_to_me_1.html

Make a restore point first.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com