Firefox Question

CTskifreak

How do you back up settings and everything?? I want to do it in case I end up deciding to wait for FF3 - what I mean is if I download and install it, then decide I don't want it, and want FF2.

Thanks

AJ

How do you back up settings and everything??

Here I copy and paste C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla folder to another partition/usb as backup.

If you delete that folder or move it to another location and on restarting Firefox it will go through the motions of a fresh install.

Inside of the Mozilla folder there is a Profile folder.

If trying out FF portable you can delete the contents of the profile folder within then copy and paste the contents of the Mozilla Profile folder which will give FF portable all of your settings.

There are tools such as MozBackup that some people use for backup purposes.

Moz Back Up

Despite what it says on the front page, it's compatible between FF 2.0.0.14 and FF 3.0 final. Worked for me, and so much quicker than a manual install. Beware, it won't transfer your FF2 addons (extensions) to FF3 so don't even bother to back them up. (It'll warn you if you try anyway.)

If you get MozBackUp, it's a keeper so hang onto it.

• Moderators
Here I copy and paste C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla folder to another partition/usb as backup.

That's what I did using a batch file - well actually it was a part of my single batch file to backup everything, then I had 7-Zip automatically compress the backups. Now doing that with Opera since I switched.