CCleaner 2.08.588 Add/Remove Issue

I upgraded to the latest Crap Cleaner. I tried to use the add remove from startup feature. Firstly it wouldn't prompt me

if I want to remove it. Secondly there is a problem with the check marks. Instead of removing the ones I selected, it removed all of the items from startup. I went back to the previous version with no problems.I'm using Windows XP Home SP3.

I've just upgraded to 2.08.588. Checked out the Startup feature and all the checkboxes are ticked; the button says Delete Entry and I very nearly deleted them all because the default seems to be to select all entries. IMO the default should be to leave the check boxes unticked.

However, thats not really why I'm writing this post. There does seem to be a bug too. I selected one of the start-up entries and clicked Delete Entry and it did nothing other than send the selected entry to the top of the list.

Anyone else getting this problem?

I upgraded to the latest Crap Cleaner. I tried to use the add remove from startup feature. Firstly it wouldn't prompt me

if I want to remove it.

Options > Advanced. If checked, untick the option 'Hide warning messages'.

Secondly there is a problem with the check marks. Instead of removing the ones I selected, it removed all of the items from startup. I went back to the previous version with no problems.I'm using Windows XP Home SP3.

AFAIK it does remove the selected entry only.

Pressing the 'Delete Entry' button having no entries selected then nothing happens, at least here :blink:

To be clear, for 'selected' i mean highlighted, doesn't matter if the checkboxes are checked or unchecked.

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

I tried to use the add remove from startup feature. Firstly it wouldn't prompt me

if I want to remove it. Secondly there is a problem with the check marks. Instead of removing the ones I selected, it removed all of the items from startup. I went back to the previous version with no problems.

I've been use CCleaner for the past 2 years but I've never seen any check marks on Startup items on any version. It just shows the list, you select one and hit the Delete Entry button. Or is this something I can't see on Win98SE? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I've been use CCleaner for the past 2 years but I've never seen any check marks on Startup items on any version. It just shows the list, you select one and hit the Delete Entry button. Or is this something I can't see on Win98SE? ;)

It's a new feature of the very latest version 2.0.8.588:

startupcm4.th.jpg

Before was possible only perform a deletion of any startup entry, and this action can't be undone.

Now they can also be disabled (and then, if needed, re-enabled) simply unchecking/checking their checkboxes.

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Apparently, they didn't put it in Win98SE . YET?

:) davey

Apparently, they didn't put it in Win98SE . YET?

:) davey

Well I looked on my CCleaner 2.06.567 at work running WinXP and that doesn't show these check marks either. Is it only CCleaner 2.08.588 that has these? I shall have to take the new copy a copy to work. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I've taken a copy of CCleaner 2.08.588 to work and these check marks only appear on 588 not on 567. My problem is solved. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best