Version 205

ldb50

The newest version 205 of CC deletes IE history even with this unchecked. I installed this version over version 204 as it has been said that this is OK to do. None of my settings changed from where I had them. After noticing this, I reinstalled version 204 over version 205 and the IE history is no longer being deleted. I am using IE 6.0 SP1 with Windows 98SE and please do not tell me to get a newer OS.

The newest version 205 of CC deletes IE history even with this unchecked. I installed this version over version 204 as it has been said that this is OK to do. None of my settings changed from where I had them. After noticing this, I reinstalled version 204 over version 205 and the IE history is no longer being deleted. I am using IE 6.0 SP1 with Windows 98SE and please do not tell me to get a newer OS.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for this, but if you are trying to make sure you keep your history, have you tried Firefox? The Firefox options for CCleaner will be on the "Applications" tab. I'll bet the the Firefox history is kept and you'll be able to go back to the sites you like. Not to mention that it's safer than IE, unless you have to have IE for some application.

Good Luck.

Vic

Actually ldb50 I've just tried this again. The first time I Run Cleaner and check my History folder todays links are still there. If I click Run Cleaner a second time they do disappear. Strange hickup. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hello Keithuk,

Since you have the same setup as ldb50 can you test with the History option off and see if it deletes regardless or does it not delete the first time but deletes if run a second time or vice-versa.This will help the "bug" fixers as regards Win98SE.ldb50 main concern is that he does not want it to delete the History file.

:) davey

Davey - when I tried this last night (I have my History deleted) it didn't delete my History but when I ran it again it did delete it, yesterday's as well. I ran it again today and it deleted Saturday's history but not todays.

I unchecked History and it didn't appear to delete anything.

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I don't think it actually deletes the history if unchecked but there are two lines in the log about this:

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Water\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Water\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

I don't think it actually deletes the history if unchecked but there are two lines in the log about this:

Here is what is marked for deletion in version 204:

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\index.dat

When I ran version 205, I see these lines which I do not think should be there if you do not want history deleted:

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\History\History.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008022420080225\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008022320080224\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008022020080221\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008022120080222\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\WINDOWS\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008022220080223\index.dat

This is the first time I run CC.

• 2 weeks later...

yes it seems this bug still has not been fixed. this is the workaround: maually add the HISTORY folder to EXCLUDE option and then IE history will not be deleted.

In order to clean custom files or folders, you must have Advanced - Custom Files and Folders checked.

Hi there,

Thank you for your help.

Current version has an improved code for detecting .dat files.

There is a fix schedule for next release.

history *.dat files will no longer be deleted if History option is not selected.