Not being informed of messages while in messenger

DennisD

• Moderators

I dunno if anyone else has this problem, but when I'm in my messenger I'm not getting the pop up window telling me that I've received a new message.

No big deal of course, but I can spend a long time in my messenger, and what bothers me is the fact that the sender/senders of those new messages may think I'm not responding to them, especially if the message is a question, and they can see that I'm obviously in.

Would really appreciate it if it's possible to do something about it.

If not, no worries, but please note everyone, I always respond to pm's as soon as I'm aware of them.

I'm thinking "Dennis" means (Messages here on Piriform Forums?) I could be wrong, I've been wrong plenty of times before...1%20(139).gif

• Moderators
I'm thinking "Dennis" means (Messages here on Piriform Forums?) I could be wrong, I've been wrong plenty of times before...1%20(139).gif

Absolutely right craig, I mean the forum messenger.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with the question guys, but it's cleared up now.

• Moderators
Maybe it's not displaying them because you're on that one page/area without visiting somewhere else in the forum for it to fetch them. Well that's my take on it, but I don't know if it's correct.

You're probably right, and as I say, it's no big deal as long as people realise they're not being ignored.

• Moderators
Strange, the same has just happened to me with the message you sent me, I never got the usual popup notification :huh:

Don't take this wrong when I say I'm pleased about that. :D

I'm pleased I'm not the only one.

Don't take this wrong when I say I'm pleased about that. :D

I'm pleased I'm not the only one.

Hello Guys,

Yes,you can add me to that list.

It does not happen everytime but if you are watching when you go back to the top of the forum after a reply or message, you can sometimes see the rectangular message box go flashing by.

:) davey

• Moderators

I wonder if it's the browser(s) built in pop up blocker eliminating it? I don't know really, that's a total guess.

I for one don't have that forum message notification on, I just look at the top of the page for any New Messages.