20 Pass file deletion?

Panarchy

Hello!

I was looking at some other programs (CCleaner equivalents) none were quite as good as CCleaner, but there were some feature that the comptetitors have that CCleaner doesn't have.

1. SCHEDULER (I haven't really looked hard for this, but I would like to know if it is in CCleaner)

2. 20 PASS FILE DELETION! I was using some program (I could tell you the name, but I don't want to advertise) and it had an option to do a 20 pass file deletion. It had; 1 pass, 3 pass & 7 pass (which CCleaner already has) but it had one higher, 20 pass.

I am wondering if it would be possible for CCleaner (the developers) to add these things.

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

Use the Windows Scheduled tasks to make CCleaner run automatically. If you open CCleaner, and then click on Options, it tells you the command line parameter.

/AUTO - Runs the cleaner upon loading, and then closes the application.

You might find this page on my website useful:

http://www.robdickson.co.uk/PC_Advice/spyware_scans.php

Hi,

We're planning to add a Gutmann 35 pass clean shortly. :)

MrG

WOW! Holy #$%&!!!

That will be awesome!

Thanks!

(By the way, does this mean you don't want/need to add the 20 pass one?)

Use the Windows Scheduled tasks to make CCleaner run automatically. If you open CCleaner, and then click on Options, it tells you the command line parameter.

/AUTO - Runs the cleaner upon loading, and then closes the application.

You might find this page on my website useful:

http://www.robdickson.co.uk/PC_Advice/spyware_scans.php

^Oh yeah! I forget how to use command line things though...

Hi,

We're planning to add a Gutmann 35 pass clean shortly. :)

MrG

Great news. Thanks :D

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• 2 weeks later...
When is this 35 pass file deletion going to be added?

I have some very important data that I need to delete, so I want it at least a 35 pass deletion.

If you need it that urgently just use Eraser. Besides unless CCleaners secure deletion is undergoing a rewrite along with the 35 pass deletion you will get a more secure deletion with Eraser anyway.

If you need it that urgently just use Eraser. Besides unless CCleaners secure deletion is undergoing a rewrite along with the 35 pass deletion you will get a more secure deletion with Eraser anyway.

Why are you advertising a different product?

Why not try and improve this one, so it is as 'good' as the on you mentioned previously.

Why are you advertising a different product?

Why not try and improve this one, so it is as 'good' as the on you mentioned previously.

I'm not advertising, I'm suggesting it as an alternative as CCleaner doesn't currently do what you want, whereas Eraser does :rolleyes:

CC Staffers: There is not point having the Gutmann method, It's old and unessercery unless you have a disk with MFM/RLL encoding. Today's disks that use PRML/EPRML encoding only need a few random passes from a decent PRNG to get the job done. It would be a lot better to allow the user to specify the number of random passes he or she wanted. Today the Gutmann method is pointless and in my opinion it is only used as a sales pitch.

And while we are on the deletion subject, the option to wipe free space & slack space would be nice (along with the random renaming of wiped files like Sexy_Girlfriends_Mum.JPG turns to just OPTIRQ or TPYOGD.QTP)

:):)

^:lol: It's a pretty good sales pitch! But, what's the point? It's freeware!

I'm not advertising, I'm suggesting it as an alternative as CCleaner doesn't currently do what you want, whereas Eraser does :rolleyes:

Is it not possible to just allow the user to input the number of passes they want? I'm afraid I don't know much about this coding to know if this is even possible.

That would be cool, but I am not sure that that would be possible

I still think that they should add the 35 pass file deletion, it would be good.