Moon Eclipse

Humpty

No matter where in Australia you are on August 28, you'll be in for a top show once the sun goes down. A total lunar eclipse will be visible right across the country from sunset. The only problem with all that family-friendly moon viewing is dealing with the mind-bending questions the kids are going to ask. ABC Science's Bernie Hobbs has whipped up some answers to the most likely questions, and shattered a few lunar myths to boot.

Moon Eclipse

Would like to experience that, only seen an almost total eclipse.
we had a total eclipse back in 1999, I don't know if you remember that. Though it was rather disappointing - the sky was cloudy to start with in the north east, so it just went a bit darker when the total eclipse happened. It was a bit of a disappointment, to be honest! I was expecting a total blackout, but it never happened.

It's rather interesting even ironic that the Earth's moon would so perfectly eclipse the sun like that. It almost seems like nature sometimes has a design to it.

This of course isn't relevant here as this is a lunar eclipse ;)

There was a lunar eclipse in the uk last year IIRC, interesting to see once but not quite the spectacle that a solar eclipse is.

we had a total eclipse back in 1999, I don't know if you remember that. Though it was rather disappointing - the sky was cloudy to start with in the north east, so it just went a bit darker when the total eclipse happened. It was a bit of a disappointment, to be honest! I was expecting a total blackout, but it never happened.

If you were in Newcastle you wouldn't have had a full eclipse, it was only visible as a full eclipse on the south coast of the UK. Even an almost total eclipse doesn't cause it to go completely dark.