Think I figured out the spell check issue on this forum.

Anthony A

It appears that the problem I and some others are having with spell checkers is caused by a setting in the controls of this forum. If you go to My controls-> Board settings-> Type of text editor to use when posting, select "standard editor" and the spell check works fine. If you select "rich text editor" it messes up the spell checks. This would explain why it didn't mess up spell checkers when using the "fast reply" option because rich text is not available in that reply option.

Could some one that uses Opera with Aspell confirm this please?

Anybody using Firefox with no problems with the inline spell check what is that setting at?

IE7 with IE7 Pro can check if the inline spell check works with the selection to.

I had issues with all those spell checks when set to rich text editor.

Here is a screen shot of the option I am talking about. It's at the bottom of the page.

2007-08-20_161855.jpg.xs.jpg

Anthony, go to the top of the class. :)

I remember when it used to work OK for me, and I remember switching to rich text ages ago, but I never put the two together.

Well done mate.

I'm just glad it's fixed. It was to the point I could not use Opera here because not only was the spell check messed up but the line breaks were all out of whack to.

wow. i use oSpell, I'm using the rich text editor, and i don't need to disable it to get spell checking.

the benefits of using oSpell :)

Ospell is a user java script spell checker isn't it? It uses a on line spell check right? Thats why it works. All the spell checkers for all the browsers that use a spell check installed on the machine were messing up. The Google Tool Bar spell checkers for IE and Firefox worked perfectly because they use an on line spell check to.