Windows Defender

yr3750

my hard drive crashed...it was replaced with a new one...i reloaded my xp operating system and did all the updates including svc pack 2...however, i cannot locate windows defender...it is not in program files...it is not in start/all programs...i checked recent updates and did not see any updates for windows defender, either...i thought windows defender was part of svc pack 2...anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction to getting access to windows defender? thx

my hard drive crashed...it was replaced with a new one...i reloaded my xp operating system and did all the updates including svc pack 2...however, i cannot locate windows defender...it is not in program files...it is not in start/all programs...i checked recent updates and did not see any updates for windows defender, either...i thought windows defender was part of svc pack 2...anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction to getting access to windows defender? thx

From what I know you still need to download it ;)

okay, i will download it...i just thought that it was part of svc pack 2 and was already downloaded...i don't remember downloading it before my hard drive crashed...anyways, THANK YOU for the quick response

is there another similar program...one that's worthwhile...or, am i better off without anything?

a long time ago i used ca's pest patrol...but, i thought it was bothersome

Here's a free program that's pretty similar to what defender does. It notifies you of any system changes, and is also a real-time spyware blocker..ect

Spyware Terminator

If you ever want to install and play Quake4, even single player mode' get rid of Defender! nothing but trouble!

Second SpywareTerminator. Been using it for almost a year. Take the time to read the FAQ's before enabling the HIPS, though, unless you have a good idea about how to deal with popups.

You could have gotten confused about what comes with SP2: it's a (one way) firewall, not WD.