Registry Cleaner not cleaning

loyaldragon

I just started using a laptop with Vista Home edition. when I run the reg cleaner, it shows the items that need to be cleaned, I clean them and then run the cleaner again...the same files show up...I run the cleaner again...same thing. Listed below is what comes up. Can anyone let me know how to correct this once and for all?

Thanks!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\vsavb7rt.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\system.enterpriseservices.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\mscorrc.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\mscordbi.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\mscorsec.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\system.configuration.install.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\microsoft.vsa.vb.codedomprocessor.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\wminet_utils.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\microsoft.jscript.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\diasymreader.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\iehost.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.0.3705\\system.data.dll"=dword:00001000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\system32\\pxinsa64.exe"=dword:00000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\system32\\pxinsi64.exe"=dword:00000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\system32\\pxcpya64.exe"=dword:00000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Windows\\system32\\pxcpyi64.exe"=dword:00000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\SIAssetExt.exe"=dword:00000001[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DefaultIcon][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HPSender.HPSDPError.4=][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OISbmpfile]@=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OISemffile]@=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OISgiffile]@=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OISjpegfile]@=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OISpngfile]@=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OIStiffile]@=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OISwmffile]@=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\s][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\IExplore][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\DDECache\IExplore\WWW_OpenURL]"ProcessName"="iexplore.exe""WindowClassName"="DDEMLMom"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\acrobat\DefaultIcon]@="C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Reader 8.0\\Acrobat\\AcroRd32.exe"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\moviemk.exe][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\moviemk.exe\shell]"FriendlyCache"="Movie Maker"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\VCU3DcheckApp.exe]@="C:\\Program Files\\Roxio\\Roxio MyDVD Basic v9\\VideoCore 9\\VCU3DcheckApp.exe""Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Roxio\\Roxio MyDVD Basic v9\\VideoCore 9\\;C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Roxio Shared\\DLLShared\\"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\HTML Help]"IMTCTC.CHM"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,\ 00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,49,00,4d,00,45,00,5c,00,49,00,4d,00,45,00,54,00,43,00,\ 31,00,30,00,5c,00,48,00,45,00,4c,00,50,00,00,00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\HTML Help]"IMTCEN.CHM"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,\ 00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,49,00,4d,00,45,00,5c,00,49,00,4d,00,45,00,54,00,43,00,\ 31,00,30,00,5c,00,48,00,45,00,4c,00,50,00,00,00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"c:\\Program Files\\Norton Internet Security\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\SymHTML\\1.0\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\SymHTML\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"c:\\Program Files\\Norton Internet Security\\Norton AntiVirus\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Installer\\{B0F97FBF-9F98-4522-B65D-8980FE38C726}\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Installer\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Companies\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Projects\\SDMS\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Projects\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Companies\\DMP\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Projects\\ISPE\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Patchmng\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Companies\\STM\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Vulnerabilities\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Projects\\Vista\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\Projects\\SDMS\\Dashboard\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\MultiVendor\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\ADMINI~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\aco\\HP-MultiPlatform\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Installer\\{FAB0C302-CB18-4A7A-BA03-C3DC23101A68}\\"=""

Run CCleaner as an administrator (right click, pick "Run As Administrator"), and run the registry cleaner again.

The current version of CCleaner has a bug where it will act like it is deleting the registry entries but actually doesn't unless it's running as an administrator.

Run CCleaner as an administrator (right click, pick "Run As Administrator"), and run the registry cleaner again.

The current version of CCleaner has a bug where it will act like it is deleting the registry entries but actually doesn't unless it's running as an administrator.

I have a slightly different problem but related to post of loyaldragon so im posting it here. When I run CCleaner in my wife's (Limited User) Account it gives more than a hundred issues/problems. When I try to fix it it goes thru the motion of deleting all the issues but when I re-scan it again...the same issues/problems will be detected again(same as with loyaldragon experience). But here's the twist: I logged on to my Administrator account and change my wife's account into Administrator account then log off my account and log-in to my wife's account(now an Admin account)...re-scan with CCleaner for issues but to my amazement there's no more issues detected. I repeated the scanning again & again changing my wife's account to Limited and then to Admin account and I get the same observation. Why is it so? Lot of issues detected while on Limited account but zero issues when run as administrator. Majority of the issues detected on the limited user account were Uninstaller Reference Issue(100+)...something like C:WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB873339$\spuninst\spuninst.exe cannot be located(the others just changes the 6-digit #) then Installer Reference Issue(2)...C:WINDOWS\Documents & Settings\Username\Application Data\SPAMfighter(the other one is about SPAMfighter\Logs then ActiveX/COM Issue(only one)...something like InProcServer32\C:WINDOWS\system32\Setup\fxsocm.dll. There are also about 4 or 5 Uninstaller Reference Issue about ie7updates.

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

Many registry cleaner are found on the net but base of my experienced I just refer to xxxxxxxxxxxx for the best registry cleaner that compatible windows vista.

This area of the forum is for discussions on ccleaner, not for suggestions for other software.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Why is it so? Lot of issues detected while on Limited account but zero issues when run as administrator

(100+)...something like C:WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB873339$\spuninst\spuninst.exe cannot be located

There are also about 4 or 5 Uninstaller Reference Issue about ie7updates.

When the wife is not an administrator she is not deemed to be competent to meddle with her husband's computer ! ! !

(Apologies to any wives reading this).

There is much that only an administrator can do, and much that he can see.

a non-administrator can do little and see little so there is no temptation to dabble.

Would you want your wife to accidentally uninstall updates to ie7 ?

as non-administrator she cannot see the relevant files,

and CCleaner under her access rights cannot see the files,

so the registry keys denote something that is NOT present, making them eligible for deletion.

I really think that CCleaner should NOT display nor suggest removal of HKLM keys by a non-administrator.

Alan

• Moderators

Hey Alan_B, old thread is old (and I edited the first post for easier reading)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com