CCleaner Suggestion

• Moderators

Are you saying that you didn't untick the option to install Chrome when offered the chance to do so at install?

Some info for you here regarding slim builds and Chrome offer reg entries etc...

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=37849

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Guest Keatah

In more recent times I've had to be careful about recommending CCleaner (with its spyware installers) to novice users. Because they might not be totally familiar with the "un-check to not install a toolbar" thing.

As they become more experienced I then make mention (if I remember) to be sure and uncheck any other "bundled" applications.

Unless you wasn't getting the option to opt-out it's not a big issue, isn't it? We should be grateful CC is free.

+1

Never seen any spyware installers, but the missing Google opt-out option is mentioned here occasionally.

It's mentioned often enough that it must be a real issue.

However, I have never seen the installer skip the opt-out, on slow or fast systems.

Have always wondered about that, so this seems an appropriate place to ask. What causes that to happen?

Edit: My experience is a bit limited, but I have put CCleaner on a representative sample of systems, thru win 7.

Edited by login123

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Have always wondered about that, so this seems an appropriate place to ask. What causes that to happen?

I'd imagine some installed antivirus which takes its sweet time scanning some installers could add to a time delay of it showing, couple with the phone home to see if the user is about to install the newest version and if the server is slow at the moment, well.

It's the one reason I started unpacking all setup files regardless of the company making the software such as those packed inside of Inno Setup installers, Nullsoft Install System installers, etc., and take a good snoop inside, and those I'm not able to unpack I leave open for about 30 seconds just in case there's some delay.

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators

My personal experience was experiencing a distinct delay between different steps in the install procedure.

The delay before the appearance of the Google opt out page was so pronounced at one time that it caught me out, and I always check every part of any installation process.

Why such a delay is open to interpretation, and it may be different now, but on that occasion it totally p'd me off.

• 3 weeks later...
change the name of this application in "crapware Installer" or something similar. Years earlier, this tool was my first choice when it came to clean up a PC.

Today: No, thank you, never ever more

If you've been using Ccleaner for years, then you know enough by now to uncheck the box to install Chrome or just install the Slim Edition that doesnt have the so called "crapware". Seriously, how hard can it be? Or are you looking for an excuse to Troll?

Unless you wasn't getting the option to opt-out it's not a big issue, isn't it? We should be grateful CC is free.

Exactly!

Can't we all whine a little bit more please?