CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. ... a long time for the developer of w10 or not? :-) the good old is not bad who said that again? better late than never!
  3. - YouTube alway was streaming perfectly in IE 11. Never had any problems. But I don't have an "entry level" laptop. Memory usage was also never a problem because I have still CLEANMEM running.
  4. Options..Smart Cleaning. Untick the boxes.
  5. How do you get this box to quit popping up every time it does a clean? It gets in my way too often and I have to stop what I'm doing and X it out several times per day.
  6. YouTube in the original Edge browser for Win10 was usually the only smooth experience for low-end hardware like entry-level budget laptops since there were fewer issues like dropped frames, even Chrome wasn't as good for it. Don't know what low-end hardware will use with Edge Chromium taking over as the main Win10 browser. Firefox on YouTube has never been a smooth experience for me even on good hardware, it's always had some slow loading lag (supposedly induced on purpose by Google/YouTube if we are to believe reports), whereas in my preferred SRWare Iron (based on Chromium) it's a complete non-issue other than RAM usage.
  7. - People who (regularly) visit the website YouTube with the Internet Explorer (e.g. version 11) browser (like me) will see a banner that says that Youtube is going to end support for Internet Explorer in the ((very) near ??) future. (They didn't mention a date when this support will be ended.) Those people are encourged to upgrade to Edge, Opera, Chrome or Firefox. (Not to other browsers ??).
  8. - I still have to make the jump from from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One reason is that I haven't yet found GOOD alternatives for a number of programs / plugins I use in combination with Internet Explorer 11 and that don't seem to be available for (GOOGLE) Chrome. So, I have to switch back and forth between IE 11 and Chrome which is a REAL "pain in the a**". - Does Windows 10 still contain Internet Explorer (e.g. version 11) ? And does IE 11 there still receive (security) updates ? The info on this topic out on the internet is (very) confusing. - Can someone recommend a good download manager for Chrome ? I would like to have program that can download mutiple files in one run. Sometimes a webpage contains mutiple e.g. *.mp3 files. I would like to see that the download manager "grabs & download" all those .mp3 files on that page in one run. - Is there a program / plugin (for Chrome) that allows me to "grab & download" videos from e.g. YouTube. I usually download videos with a plugin from RealPlayer and watch the video at a later date. There are also videos available I want to keep for a longer time. But YouTube now displays a message that it won't support Internet Explorer 11 anymore in the (near ??) future.
  9. Nope! I was doing several things at the same time and had not had any problem with CCleaner on the other PCs. It caught me off guard.
  10. At least you know a few things to try if it happens again. Maybe yesterdays storm was messing up the power supply and/or the server connection, so CCleaner couldn't connect to check for updates, etc.?
  11. v1.32.740 (21 May 2018) We have no idea when and if Piriform will bring out a new version
  12. Many thanks for all your suggestions!
  13. This is just CC free not Pro. It was not launching for 30-60 secs. Today all OK. I don't know what I have done to fix it! Checked and unchecked boxes only. winapp2.ini is as yet unexplored territory for me! CCleaner has evolved into a complex beast.
  14. OK great. I look forward to seeing it come out.
  15. Is it opening and not doing anything for a while, or just not opening? From what you say I'm guessing the second. There are a few things that could cause a delay at launch: If you are using Winapp2.ini it can be slow to load if you haven't trimmed out the entries not needed on your PC. Your firewall settings may be preventing CCleaner from connecting, we have seen this cause launch delays in the past, (it can also cause issues if you have the new Health Check feature, and with the Software Updater in CC Pro). I have in the past seen an issue where CC was slow to launch if there was a Windows Update that had been downloaded but was awaiting a restart to install. I've also seen the 'Skip' UAC control cause it if switched on. If it's winapp2 then trim it down or remove it altogether. If it's the firewall then making the CCleaner folder an exception in you Anti-Virus (or Windows Defender) usually cures it. If it's a pending Windows Update, then install the update. Never found a real cure for the Skip UAC, but that seemed to be a Windows thing that cured itself. As a workaround if you turn on active monitoring then CCleaner will start in the background with the computer, and so you shouldn't see the delay when you launch it yourself because it's already running.
  16. - You also could try if a "Registry Cleaner" (e.g. In CCleaner) would be able to remove those obsolete registry entries. - Or try a registry cleaner that is (a bit) more aggressive than CCleaner. I can recommend Eusing's . I have used it for years and found that using it had no adverse effects. http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
  17. Whilst I've not seen a comparison chart as such, the documentation does say what CCleaner for MAC will do. The Documentation for each version has a section called 'What it can and can't do". Windows version documentation says that it can find duplicate files, the Mac documentation doesn't https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/introducing-ccleaner/what-it-can-and-cant-do https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner-for-mac/introducing-ccleaner-for-mac/what-it-can-and-cant-do There are also plenty of online reviews of CCleaner for MAC, did you not notice that none of them mention the duplicate finder?
  18. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-rolls-out-new-windows-10-optional-update-experience/
  19. Did you make a back up of the registry when CCleaner offered you the option to do so?
  20. Last week
  21. I changed my PSU for computer due to shutdowns that said unstable power supply. After installing the new PSU and booted up, i noticed my FPS were fluctuating. I powered down and checked the CPU and one of the push pins was up. So i locked it down and rebooted, FPS were back up and stable. Problem now is my CPU is overheating, the fan is running. What should i do or check?
  22. Hi @hazelnut, Yes. I cleaned the registry before doing the whole thing. Thanks,
  23. Well that's a problem. That should be more clear with a feature comparison chart or similar documentation.
  24. We don't give spyware/malware removal help here anymore. See item 10 here. https://community.ccleaner.com/announcement/15-forum-rules/ You might also want to have a read here (just for more info only) https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-akamaihd.html
  25. Hello CCleaner Community, Long time user, first time poster here. I have a problem with my Chrome and I need help resolving it. Every time I use my search bar, which SHOULD be defaulted to Google, it automatically is hijacked and sent to Yahoo. I've tried everything, and nothing seems to work. Any help would be massively appreciated.
  1. Load more activity