Listen and tell

New_Age

Go here - And listen to Almost Famous. Hes just One guy and he def. knows how to sing and play the guitar. Listen to "Starting Over" His hint single.

Opinions are welcome ^_^

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Nope, not my thing either.

I love how now if you want to be a cool new artist you have to be "indy". (How can something be indy & pop punk? Thats three contradictions in one! Pop punk..no , indy pop? no.... punk indy... what?)

Indy is now about as pop as the backstreet boys were in the 90s. :rolleyes:

To me he sounds like every other whiney band.

The fact he named himself after a crappy movie didn't help either. :P

Nope, not my thing either.

I love how now if you want to be a cool new artist you have to be "indy". (How can something be indy & pop punk? Thats three contradictions in one! Pop punk..no , indy pop? no.... punk indy... what?)

Indy is now about as pop as the backstreet boys were in the 90s. :rolleyes:

To me he sounds like every other whiney band.

The fact he named himself after a crappy movie didn't help either. :P

Give the guy some credit hes only 17. He makes good money though. Me and him are good friends.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Well you asked for our opinion..

I'm just not really diging the current music scene at all.

All young artists/bands I've heard either try to be the "pop punk indie" or the "heavier than heavy metal".

Anyone heard of a band called bright eyes? I've only heard a few of their songs, but someone I know came up to me and told me that the guy wrote better songs than Dylan. When I saw that he was serious I just held back trying to laugh. :lol: (I listened to the music... not even close)

Who knows though, from what I can tell their is a storm brewing.

This year could possibly be the year of huge rock releases. Only time will tell, and if it happens, I will be in heaven. :)

Well you asked for our opinion..

I'm just not really diging the current music scene at all.

All young artists/bands I've heard either try to be the "pop punk indie" or the "heavier than heavy metal".

Anyone heard of a band called bright eyes? I've only heard a few of their songs, but someone I know came up to me and told me that the guy wrote better songs than Dylan. When I saw that he was serious I just held back trying to laugh. :lol: (I listened to the music... not even close)

Who knows though, from what I can tell their is a storm brewing.

This year could possibly be the year of huge rock releases. Only time will tell, and if it happens, I will be in heaven. :)

To me Music such as Heavy Metal and some forms of Rock hasn't changed much. If your looking into Lyrics based on what the song is about and crap like that rridgely then dude... that's not what music is about anymore. It's totally something else. Don't ask me what it is. You can go ask any teenager and ask why you like this and they won't give a good answer.

• Moderators

Thankfully, everyone`s musical tastes change over time. Always liked acoustic stuff. Singer/Songwriters.

But too many wannabes jumping on that particular bandwagon, and the genre is just becoming diluted.

Listening again to older U2 stuff. Got my old Eagles CD`s out. Pink Floyds "The Wall" has just had the dust wiped off it.

Start digging into your collection, and you start finding good stuff you forgot you had.

I`ve just found a couple of Roger Waters albums, and a couple of Cat Stephens I totally forgot about.

Afraid "Indie Bands" is a description that used to mean something. Every band is an Indie Band now. ;)

Can`t see things changing any time quick, so dig into your collection, and listen with fresh ears.

:)

Watch this and tell me it's not real Metal!

Band background

• Moderators
Thankfully, everyone`s musical tastes change over time. Always liked acoustic stuff. Singer/Songwriters.

But too many wannabes jumping on that particular bandwagon, and the genre is just becoming diluted.

Listening again to older U2 stuff. Got my old Eagles CD`s out. Pink Floyds "The Wall" has just had the dust wiped off it.

Start digging into your collection, and you start finding good stuff you forgot you had.

I`ve just found a couple of Roger Waters albums, and a couple of Cat Stephens I totally forgot about.

Afraid "Indie Bands" is a description that used to mean something. Every band is an Indie Band now. ;)

Can`t see things changing any time quick, so dig into your collection, and listen with fresh ears.

I see that you and I agree when it comes to what good music really is. :)

U2 is one of the greatest bands ever. I love the way they have completly reinvented themselves over and over again.(plus they only put out one true crappy album out of them all. Pop.)

Eagles and Pink Floyed are fantastic as well.

Cat Stevens isn't someone I've listened to a whole bunch but I could sing a few lines to his hit songs. :lol:

• Moderators

Honest opinion? (Although I`m not sure if the question is directed to me).

I wouldn`t call that anything.

Liked the intro, but couldn`t listen to that grunting. Beats me how anyone can.

But I`ll not criticise anyone`s choice of listening.

Each to their own.

• Moderators
If your looking into Lyrics based on what the song is about and crap like that rridgely then dude... that's not what music is about anymore. It's totally something else. Don't ask me what it is. You can go ask any teenager and ask why you like this and they won't give a good answer.

I'm not sure what your trying to say here... that lyrics don't matter?(god I hope thats not the point your making :lol: )

If someone can't describe why they like somthing, thats not a good sign.

• Moderators
Eagles and Pink Floyed are fantastic as well.

Cat Stevens isn't someone I've listened to a whole bunch but I could sing a few lines to his hit songs. :lol:

You`ve mentioned the essential ingredient of good songs.

How many modern songs will you remember the lyric of, or even the tune, in 20yrs from now?

Cat Stephens stuff was that long ago and more.

U2, Floyd, Oasis etc, have songs that people will always remember.

Yuck. Thats the only description I have for that.

All I heard was ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Sorry but I would rather be deaf I think...

:lol: I knew you wouldn't like it. I like it though. That's what Ya' call Metalcore!

Metalcore is a musical genre consisting of a mix between heavy metal and hardcore punk. Although the genre has risen in popularity since the turn of the millennium, it is not a new genre, as many would believe, since bands such as Integrity have been around since the late 1980s.

Defining the metalcore sound is not an easy task, as various bands have fused a hardcore-influenced sound and attitude with many different types of metal. The earliest signs of this before being labeled metalcore was 'crossover thrash'. The band that declared the crossover was Dirty Rotten Imbeciles on their late 1980s album of the same name. Other bands, like Nuclear Assault and Suicidal Tendencies, are leading edge pioneers themselves.

It should be noted that metalcore and crossover are generally considered separate identities, with "crossover" referring to a mix of thrash metal and hardcore punk, and metalcore being a slower, heavier, hardcore-rooted style influenced by thrash metal and death metal.

It's all about the Drums, Guitars and Bass! Welcome to the new stage of Metal guys!

Note: AC;DC and such I'd just consider Rock But on the other hand you can define Rock/Metal in so many ways.

• Moderators
You`ve mentioned the essential ingredient of good songs.

How many modern songs will you remember the lyric of, or even the tune, in 20yrs from now?

Cat Stephens stuff was that long ago and more.

U2, Floyd, Oasis etc, have songs that people will always remember.

I agree 110%!

• Moderators
Watch this and tell me it's not real Metal!

Band background

They'd be labeled as "New Metal" as are allot of so called "Metal bands" these days.

Actually bands that sound like that piss me off, they have a typical Metal sound with their instrumentation, yet they mix it with piss poor half-ass wannabe Death Metal vocals. Many bands are lucky I don't run a record label because I'd laugh them out of my office.

Hey New_Age,

You should tell your friend to check this website. There is a contest called Music Nation, groups are sending in vids from all over the country. The winner gets a recording contract with Epic Records.

http://www.rock103.com/cc-common/musicnation/

I've heard about that. I think hes going to enter.