Microsoft acquires Firefox

fireryone

www.msfirefox.com

Microsoft Completes Acquisition of Mozilla Firefox

Combined browsing technologies to deliver an unmatched experience that redefines how people engage with spyware, viruses and other nasties in this digital era.

REDMOND, Wash. ? October. 24, 2006 ? Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq: MSFT) today announced the completion of its acquisition of the Mozilla Firefox Web Browser. The transaction was finalized on Saturday, October 23, 2006. As a result of the acquisition, Microsoft share prices jumped 5.7%. Mozilla Corporation's share prices remained at zero. The combination of Microsoft's power and might along with Firefox's extensive fan database will create one of the world?s largest, most innovative and diversified browsers ever. The acquisition brings together two of the industry?s strongest contenders and is the most ubiquitous incorporation of technologies for creating, managing and delivering compelling spyware and viral experiences across multiple operating systems, devices and media (Subject to Microsoft Compatibility). This week the Microsoft will begin executing the planned integration of the core innovations of both Internet Explorer and the newly acquired Firefox to ensure a smooth transition; then to bring immediate value for users, customers, partners and investors. Management of the combined software products includes executives and board members from both organizations. FirefoxLuva69 has being fired as chief executive officer and has replaced by Steve Ballmer. The new Microsoft Firefox subsidiary has elected Mr. Bill Gates to stand as President, Co-Chairman and Vice President. For more information regarding the Firefox acquisition, refresh your browser repeatedly.

bill.jpg

Spokesman Bill tries to calm Mozilla

extremists during the acquisition conference.

Put safety first.

A robust new Microsoft security architecture known as TakeOver? helps to protect the Windows Kernel from malicious, damaging and viral software such as Symantec and McAfee products.

http://www.msfirefox.com :lol:

fireryone

I wondered if it could have been posted before, who looks at archives anyway.

The site's was updated since I last saw it.

And the download links don't go directly to the download anymore lol.

fireryone

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
did micosoft really buy firefox, or is this a gag?

No, Firefox wasn't bought by Microsoft! :lol:

Due to the Firefox license would it even be possible for Microsoft to buy Firefox?

However after using the mess that is Internet Explorer 7 they should have licensed it, they could have even made a crappy theme to look like IE7 :P - at least then they'd have a browser that doesn't need at a minimum 12 plus security patches per year.

Well, it's pretty funny, I hadn't seen it. I have the feeling that I just got chipped out of the ice or something, most of the stuff on this forum is new to me.

Sort of on topic: We seem to have many new words in the language, courtesy of Bill Gates. Adware, malware, spyware, bloatware, trojan horses, keyloggers, rootkits, etc. How about one word for all of these __wares: "Terrorware".

When I win the lottery, we will form a company called Omniware, to combat terrorware. We will market a utility called Tupperware: Tremendously Useful Pest Prevention, Eradication, and Repair-ware. Tupperware will easily contain terrorware. We'll all be rich and famous. :lol:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Sort of on topic: We seem to have many new words in the language, courtesy of Bill Gates. Adware, malware, spyware, bloatware, trojan horses, keyloggers, rootkits, etc. How about one word for all of these __wares: "Terrorware".

Actually the term malware includes viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, adware, and other malicious and unwanted software. ;)

Must say I like the 'Tupperware' idea :)

Ceci n'est pas une signature

:( . . .We may have to go offshore with this one. . . :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.