RogueRemover

Humpty

May come in very handy for certain types of situations! :)

Quote:

RogueRemover is a utility that can remove various rogue antispyware, antivirus and hard drive cleaning utilities.

Rogue applications are applications that rather than remove spyware, provide false positives, distribute malware or spyware, advertise, or provide useless uninstallers. The main point is that rogue applications are useless and eat up system resources.

RogueRemover has the ability to completely remove WinAntiSpyware/WinAntiVirus, SpyAxe, VirusBlast, VirusBursters and many more!

Home

Rooge Remover History

hehe i just posted bout rogueremover a few days ago in some "best freeware" topic i think.it seems to be a cute handy little program,i know it got rid of 4 things that i had no idea were there

also ran it on my mates pc yesterday,got rid of that winantivirus(my mate knows nothing bout pc security) and like 9 other things

definitely worth a running,you wud be surprised what it finds

Who watches The Watchmen?

seems to be worth running rogueremover after u installed/tried out some new program.had to uninstall eusing reg cleaner there since RR found like 15problems with it.

fileassassin looks kool.i checked out the other dls on the site,not bad

• Moderators

That sounds kinda dangerous Andavari, What use would IT have? I also got the First one Humpty talked about, Allthough I probably dont need it . Thanks Cowboy

I'd use it to remove a file I want to delete that Windows won't delete, WinXP seems notorious for locking a file into Explorer.exe or some other app that's accessed the file recently and it's a nuisance to log off just to delete a file. It states it's for removing locked malware however you can use it on any locked file. In my opinion it's a bit quicker than Unlocker since I made a FileASSASSIN shortcut in the SendTo menu using the command line parameter to kill a file. It would only be dangerous if clicking upon the wrong file.

Update available.

Version 1.07 (1/04/07)

Program: [173 applications listed]

1. Created installer to make application smaller for dialup users.

2. Fixed scan results right click bug.

3. Created exclude list.

4. Redesigned interface.

5. Fixed minor typos.

6. Created external database for easy updating.

7. Added ability to rescan after removal.

8. Created help manual.

Definitions:

[Added]

Error Fix, Error Fixer, Error Scan and Fix, Evidence Eraser Pro, Fix Registry Errors, Free Spyware Adware Scanner and Remover, Keep Your Privacy, Online Privacy Pro, Page Cannot Be Displayed, PC Error Eliminator, Privacy Keeper, Registry Fix It, Registry Fix, Registry Optimizer 2007, Registry Repair 2006, Restore My Files, The Ultimate Spyware Adware Remover

[updated]

VirusBursters (+14)

Update

well its got updated again,this time some very nice improvements.

the new version is called RogueRemover PRO,costs 15$ but u can get a trial for 30days.

some features are

- has this RogueMonitor thing to protect ur pc when running RR

- immunization,protecting you from rogue websites,kinda like the spybot one

can find it on links above

• Moderators

I had WinAntivirus on my pc a few months ago. I was using F_Secure at the time and it got through. F-Secure told me it couldn`t delete it either.

Went down to PC World, and one of their Techs was brilliant. He studied the screenshots I`d taken down with me, and after 20-30mins (and this is with no charge) he downloaded onto a CD a program to remove said infestation, and printed out the instructions.

Back home I went, and following the instructions to the letter, I restarted my puter in safe mode, (this was all new to me), and to cut a long short, eventually had the little runt in the grip of this removal application.

Only one thing left to do; press delete.

Pressed delete, and got the wonderful message "visit our website and and purchase the full version".

What ? You take me through all this and then drop that little bombshell. Never been more p****d in my life.

Binned the disk, and the instructions, and can`t remember the name of the flaming thing.

Really cruel. Didn`t know about this place at the time, although I can actually see the funny side now.

Regards

Edit: Got rid of it with a destructive recovery. All I could think of at the time.

Just noticed a new addition to their list of free apps.

Reg keys permissions can be set manually but this may come in handy for some.

RegASSASSIN 1.00

RegASSASSIN is a portable utility that can remove stubborn registry keys by resetting the key's permissions and then deleting it.

Simply download RegASSASSIN from the link below, unzip the file, and run RegASSASSIN.exe. Next, enter a registry key and choose the options you would like. Finally select delete to to execute the options.

Compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista