Arovax Shield 2

rridgely

• Moderators

The new version of arovax shield is out.

This one is much improved over the last one. It now supports cookie blocking in opera, also they added a rules tab so that you can manage all the choices you made and change them. You have to check a box in the boxes that ask for your decision for it to show up in the rules tab.

Its really light on system resources(around 10mb at the most usually around 3-5)

Its not to intrusive, it doesn't annoy you too often, and it seems to work. If you want a real time spyware protection this should be good enough.(like I've said before I'm not a fan of running anything real time besides an antivirus and firewall but this really is light and stays out of your way).

http://www.arovaxshield.com/shield36.php

Its really light on system resources(around 10mb at the most usually around 3-5)Its not to intrusive, it doesn't annoy you too often, and it seems to work. If you want a real time spyware protection this should be good enough.(like I've said before I'm not a fan of running anything real time besides an antivirus and firewall but this really is light and stays out of your way).

Question? Is it wise to run this in combination with SuperAntispyware? SuperAntiSpyware is in real time mode. Or is Arovax better?

• Moderators

I don't think version 2 is compatible with Windows 9x/Me anymore though so users of those OSes will have to stick with version 1.3.15 - well at least according the the Arovax Shield beta thread that is.

I was using Spybot-S&D's TeaTimer (after using the GUI fix hack), but may switch to the new Arovax Shield to just give it a try.

Question? Is it wise to run this in combination with SuperAntispyware? SuperAntiSpyware is in real time mode. Or is Arovax better?

Yes, it is 100% safe, at least in my PC.

I use Arovax products (Shield, SmartHide, Antispyware) for months along with SuperAS and nothing bad happened.

:)

I don't think version 2 is compatible with Windows 9x/Me anymore though so users of those OSes will have to stick with version 1.3.15 - well at least according the the Arovax Shield beta thread that is.

I was using Spybot-S&D's TeaTimer (after using the GUI fix hack), but may switch to the new Arovax Shield to just give it a try.

Right, AShield 2 is for only XP/2000 systems any more.