Program updater / Auto update

Frodo

Seriously ... this is needed!

It's a great app, but its starting to bug me to enter the website each time to download all these minor updates, that has been coming out quite often (which is great)..

So a option to check for updates and actually download them inside the program, and do a program restart and voila!

Anyone disagree ? :blink:

Keep up the great work

• Moderators

Hello Frodo and welcome to the forum :)

I agree totally about the great app bit!

We are all different so I can tell you that it doesn't bug me at all having to update the way we do. I think it's a small piece of work to do in return for a free app.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Seriously ... this is needed!

It's a great app, but its starting to bug me to enter the website each time to download all these minor updates, that has been coming out quite often (which is great)..

So a option to check for updates and actually download them inside the program, and do a program restart and voila!

Anyone disagree ? :blink:

Keep up the great work

I don't think that it is really "needed". It is a freeware application that you may, of course, donate to if you value it. Maybe you could donate the software needed to do the kind of update that you mention ;)

alan

I would have to say I'm totally in agreeance with the original post. You're already polling a server to check for updates. The user should then be able to accept an update which will download and install automatically. Regarding the bandwidth point - the updater functionality could have inbuilt load balancing or downloads could come from SourceForge potentially and also as it's an updater, it won't need to download the whole application complete with installer again, it could just download the files which have changed.

Updates are way too regular - if they are really necessary then an auto updater is important. You don't have to download your whole Anti Virus program every time it needs an update. Conversely if they aren't really necessary to bring to market right there and then, then maybe new releases should come no more than once a quarter with critical security flaws only patched as required.