How To Restore Back-up To Registry?

Artic

Hi, Yesterday I clicked on my "Issues" tab and checked my registry. I did the backup before I took some things out and now it won't let me restore them? Can someone please help me to put them back please. Many thanks and God Bless. :(

CCleaner puts a backup registry files of the changes it commited to the registry in the a file located in the "My Documents" folder.

Open "My Documents" there you will find the .reg file, you just double-click it and it will ask to merge into the registry.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

now it won't let me restore them?

If you're talking about double clicking the backup .reg files not working you can restore them using regedit by clicking

Start > Run > Type in: Regedit

then in Regedit click File > Import > then browse to the location of the .reg file

I have tried the merge way of restoring and also double clicking on the red. file and both times I get the followin message:

Registry Editor "Cannot import C:\Documents and Settings\Art\My Documents\cc_20061013_1225.reg:Error accessing the registry."

What shall I do now?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having same problem as Artic is having. I am loged on as Admin. Can not get reg file in my documents to merge. I get the same message as Artic. I have tried going to my documents and right clicking and then merge. When I try regedit, I too get the same message. Any other ideas. I have lost my passwords for websites.