Restore

danltb

I wish CCleaner would clean up old Restore Points, but it doesn't. I have to do it manually about once a month (using Windows Disk Cleanup tool).

If you don't want restore points, you can disable System Restore functionality in Windows, I think.

But you shouldn't disable it, and you shouldn't delete restore points, because restore points can be very very helpful if something goes wrong...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I don't want to hijack this thread into a discussion over Restore Points. I just wanted to confirm your statement that CCleaner does not erase old Restore Points, even though some users would like it to do so.

(For some reason I get over a dozen Restore Points a week, which takes up a lot of disk space. So I do have to clean up manually from time to time. But I certainly want to keep at least one good Restore Point, which usually is the latest.)

• Moderators

(For some reason I get over a dozen Restore Points a week, which takes up a lot of disk space. So I do have to clean up manually from time to time. But I certainly want to keep at least one good Restore Point, which usually is the latest.)

I know using windows defender can cause multiple restore points to be made. Info and a couple of workarounds here

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...67f7b12&p=1

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks to Hazelnut for that link about controlling System Restore Points in Windows Defender! I was getting two or three each day from WD and occasional notices that SR was running out of space even. I implemented the fix (that is, defining DisableRestorePoint) and since then I have had just one such and that not from WD. Very useful tweak imho. There should be a controlling option in WD itself (like there is in Registry Mechanic, for instance).