chemical changes

TheFiresInTheSky

An egg is a cell, which means that it has many parts and pieces scattered and organized within it; the egg is a heterogeneous mixture. Eggs, like people, are different from one another in fairly small ways. Yet on average, all eggs are the same, regardless of which chicken they are created by. Of course, some may have slightly larger yolks, sometimes twins are born, and all have different DNA, but overall they are the same?much like newborn infants are different from each other due to their mother's diet, ages, etc. but are generally the same.

When an egg is boiled, some of the air in its air pockets escapes and is replaced by water.

The shell of the egg is made of calcium carbonate with small amounts of magnesium carbonate, calcium phosphate, and other organic matter, including protein.

The white of the egg changes over time. A freshly laid egg has more carbon dioxide, while an older egg has lost some it through the pores in the shell. So, the pH level of the egg changes, depending on how much carbon dioxide is left. Because eggs lose carbon dioxide and water with time, that causes the air pockets to grow, and they lose weight.

The yolk has all the fat in the egg and has slightly less than half of the protein of the egg. With the exception of riboflavin and niacin, it has more of the egg's vitamins than the white. It also holds more phosphorus, manganese, iron, iodine, copper, and calcium. All of the egg's vitamins A, D and E, and zinc are in the yolk.

Overall the egg is made of the same stuff as we are, sort of.

Boiling an egg is a chemical change, because hydrogen bonds break when the egg is boiled.

That was searched my google.

lol, didn't find anything on how plants do but hey... my brother might know that one. Aaron, was this part of school today? Did you and the students + the teacher discuss this matter :lol:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

well i googled for about a half hr and came up with absolutely nothing!

we discussed it in school today and i she told us all to bring in proof of what we thought it was, chemical or physicle change.

• Moderators

we discussed it in school today and i she told us all to bring in proof of what we thought it was, chemical or physicle change.

Discovery Channel started a website for learning/schools, sorry I don't know the URL and just remember seeing it as an ad on their T.V. channel, however I think it's a subsription/pay site to use it.

Wow.

First result answered the question, Yahoo!, MSN, Google...