Issues

Oleshka

welcome to the CC forums!

good question.

an issue is something in the registry that could be invalid, corrupt, or points to nothing.

i just scanned and it came up with this,

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1766/cckk5.png

well there it says i have unused file extensions and an invalid default icon.

when i fix it, it removes those from the registry.

need a further explanation, feel free to ask! :)

An issue is a problem. When you use the Issue scanner, CCleaner scans your Windows registry for issues (problems) such as broken file assiocations, and other stuff. If it finds any problem, it offers to fix this problem.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

When you use "Issues" you will be asked if you want to make a backup.

The files are deleted, but if a problem happens because of this, you can click the backup and restore the issues you deleted.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Alone with what Hazelnut just stated a good place to save the backups is in 'My Documents' or create a 'Backups' folder in the CCleaner program files folder so that you can easily find them if they're needed - which is rather unlikely, but who knows you may need them.

Thank You. What happend further when I fix it? It delete it?

What i have to do with file?

Often the registry entries point to something invalid or that once existed but does not exist anymore or something, so it gets removed when you fix it. CCleaner offers you to make a backup of the registry entries that it deletes prior to deleting them. Usually it is safe, but just in case something goes wrong, it offers you a registry backup so you can revert the settings.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Often the registry entries point to something invalid or that once existed but does not exist anymore or something, so it gets removed when you fix it. CCleaner offers you to make a backup of the registry entries that it deletes prior to deleting them. Usually it is safe, but just in case something goes wrong, it offers you a registry backup so you can revert the settings.

Ok now i get it. Thanks from Latvia :-)