Is this fair?

New_Age

I'm looking into buying more RAM, A new case, and CD/DVD Combo Drive. Is this fair? Total of $347.91.

Please NOTE though: I'm having to replace my current case anyway due.. to the fact that WHOEVER created the case I have now were't thinking right at the time. I had to cut half of the metal slots of my current Wireless Adpater and my Sound. Graphics Card is fine though. The Wireless Adpater and the Sound Card wouldn't fit right so yeah... left with no choice at the time.

*My current Motherboard and Case...

Current Motherboard

Current Case - Even though it got good reviews the Motherboard I have didn't go well for some reason...

*Links listed below contain my parts I'm buying....

Case Or... would it be better to go for This one.

PowerSupply

CD/DVD Combo Drive

RAM

Sound Card

Wireless Adpater

Sound System

Rounded IDE Cable

Two piece Cooling device

One person stated:

Pros: Price. Features. Simplistic design. Compact form factor....

Cons: Unable to mount PCI cards in case b/c case's dimensions were not correct. PCI screw mount is too high, thus cannot screw PCI cards in. <<< *That was my problem!.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Wow... Cool Case. Found two more.

*Case - Fav. so far though :) Though a few complained about size and space wise to put the motherboard in. I laugh cause they should of realized what they were buying lol.

Third Case....

*Case - Nice reviews and to top it off has a nice look to it. Sleek but white. I like black *HeHe

Note here: I think I should go with the third case cause of the cooling I would get from it and I like the BIG Blue LED in front. That would be cool to see in tha dark :)

Going with the third and the total would be $306.89 and yes... that's with shipping. Though I would like that other Micro case lol.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

I saw that awhile back and I was shocked and surprised :)

• Moderators

I could've sworn that under "Is this fair?" that it said "Buying new pants..." :lol:

The price may be fair if you're dealing with NewEgg.com, I don't really see stuff I'm looking at overpriced on there and the only time I've ever seen them beaten price wise was because they charged shipping and another site didn't.

I remember that making a PC from a whiskey bottle in another thread, but I think its rather stupid as PC's are fragile enough if banged around or dropped but that thing would just shatter.

Thx for the feed back lol. I got what I need.

That Cooling fan looks useless, TBH. You'd be better off picking up some fans off of some surplus store or whatever. If you really need to cool your PC, Zalman makes some very nice CPU fans - quiet and super-efficient (not to mention good looking!)

That Cooling fan looks useless, TBH. You'd be better off picking up some fans off of some surplus store or whatever. If you really need to cool your PC, Zalman makes some very nice CPU fans - quiet and super-efficient (not to mention good looking!)

I got rid of that cooling device. I'm buying a 120M and a 80M Fan.