Summary Output Info is Incorrect or Misunderstood for CPU, GPU, and RAM

First off, I'm fully up-to-date to the latest version of 1.32.803 (64-Bit). In addition, all of my Drivers are up-to-date, as well as my BIOS to the latest updates available.

Secondly, my Specs are:

• Windows 10 64-bit
  • AMD B650 Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX AM5
  • AMD 7900X 12-Core CPU
  • NVIDIA GTX 1660 Super 6 GB
  • 32 GB of DDR5-6000 @ CL 30
  • 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD (100 GB for OS and Install Files, 700 GB for Games with 10% Unallocated for Optimization)
  • 500 GB WD Blue SSD (Sata 3)
  • 1 TB WD Blue HDD (Sata 3)

Speccy is showing an odd Summary Output of the CPU - Basically shows all 12 Cores as "AMD K19." In addition, it's missing the temperature display of the CPU and Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD. See "Summary Display Error for CPU, GPU, and RAM" and "CPU Output" Pictures uploaded.

See CPU Newegg URL here. See Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD Newegg URL here.

In addition, Speccy is claiming that my 6 GB GPU VRAM is only 2 GB in size. This is clearly incorrect (I have the box in front of me). This item was purchased brand new from Newegg. See "GPU Output Incorrect RAM" Picture uploaded. See Newegg URL here.

Lastly, the RAM is only displaying the most basic of information. It's missing information, such as, "DDR5," "6000 MHz," "2 Modules," "Cas Latency 30."

Exact Timings of the RAM are: 30-38-38-96. See Newegg URL here.

CPU Output.jpg

GPU Output Incorrect RAM.jpg

RAM Output.jpg

Summary Display Error for CPU, GPU, and RAM.jpg

Life may not be fair, but the least we can do is make games fair.

--Me

• Moderators

Speccy has not had a function update for a number of years now. (It had a minor update in 2020 but that was about licencing not function).

Users are aware that Speccy sorely needs an update because it is not recognising, or mis-recognising, quite a bit of newer hardware.

Personally I'm surprised that in it's current state they still have the nerve to bundle it with CCleaner Pro Plus, and still sell a Speccy Pro version.
(They stopped doing both of those with Defraggler, and that does work as it should).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Well, I think the company changed hands/was bought out because the website is no longer Piriform and is now CCleaner.com - run and maintained by "Gen Digital Inc." (bottom of website). So, apparently, the new company doesn't realize that annual updates for a program, such as, Speccy is required due to new hardware releases. Figured I'd make my report, either way. We shall see if they do anything about it.

--Me

• Moderators

CCleaner was developed and has always been owned by Piriform, back since 2004 when it was first launched as "Crap Cleaner".
Although Piriform wasn't registerd as a company until 2005, it was the CCleaner developers who founded the company.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCleaner

However many people didn't/don't know that - and that is why the website domains were changed, simply because the CCleaner name is better known worldwide than the Piriform name.
(They had already registered/owned the CCleaner domain names for some time. You do that to prevent others using the domain names and pretending to be you).

Piriform was acquired by Avast in 2017, and then both were acquired by Norton Lifelock, now Gen Digital, in 2022.
But Piriform still develop/maintain their own softwares and still run as a seperate company, just as a part of a larger group to share resources such as servers, data-centres, a product licencing system, etc., etc.

Many household name companies, not just software companies, are part of larger groups in that way.

Just why Speccy hasn't had a proper update for years we don't know.
They keep saying that there will be one when asked. but just when that will happen??

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

See, but I wonder if the Product Licensing is the reason for the restriction of Updates to Speccy. 

All companies have departments for each task. Each department has a Head of the Department that makes the final decision. 

So, I'm assuming that whatever department was focused on Speccy Updates either has been disbanded or keeps getting denied when they ask to do update on it. And then the same people who are doing the 'denying' aren't going public about it. So, if you contact them and they just say "soon," but soon never happens, then their Marketing Department is just giving you scripted responses because the true answer is: "Probably never."

--Me

• Moderators

Other than the GDPR licensing updates which they would've been forced to update for I think the fair answer is they're way more involved with continued development of CCleaner, and the other software suffers being neglected because of it.

As for a freeware alternative to Speccy there's HWiNFO and HWiNFOPortable (from PortableApps.com), and others that are kept up-to-date with current hardware.