Patching your PC is stuck

• Moderators

Try disconnecting from the internet and then running Health Check.

Let us know how that goes.

If you are running an antivirus other than Defener please tell us what that is and the version number.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I can confirm the observations reported already.
Some additional information:
I use Windows 10, version 22H2
Avast One , exception for CCLeaner specified
CCleaner v6.21.10918

At first start of the new version of CCleaner it found 12 programs to be updated. Starting the update stopped all activities of CCLeaner.
Thus I used the disülayed list and updated manually.
Several restats later all programs (with the exception of Aple related software) were patched.
Starting CCleaner again it found Evernote 10.6.2 although the installed version was already updated to 10.6.3 and
WinMerge 2.16.32.0 although the installed version was already updated to 10.77.3.
In addition the Apple Mobile Device Support was identified with 16.0.0.30, which was correct.
Starting patching again ended up with  a stuck CCleaner.

But astonishing for me, after uninstalling the Apple software for another reason, CCleaner could patch Evernote and WinMerge.
It took its time, longer than the manual updated, but finally both program were classified as current version.

Remark:
It seems that the programs FileMenueTool and NotePad++ are not in CCleaner's database.

• Moderators

Thanks @GerdWae

That seems to point to something in the Software Updater that may have an issue/bug. (That would also affect Health Check in some circumstances).

What happened with the Apple app(s) may be particular interesting.

Is anybody else with this sticking using any Apple software?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Firstly thanks to everyone who offered help and tips upon this issue..

good news is, problem is finally fixed!

after hours of many attempts of changing lots of different things on both my PC and ccleaner app, I've come to a conclusion that none of that worked except for one thing..

here's what I did: I went to my CCleaner, tools, software updater, there were like 6 or 7 apps (don't even remember using any of them ever, like Microsoft Office apps) that needed to be updated, once I did that, then went back to patching your PC, and there it goes! it's back working just fine!

thanks yall and gl to those still suffering with this annoying issue.

• Moderators

As using Tools>Software Updater seems to be clearing it for some people then it is looking like a bug somewhere in the software updating part of Health Check.

It's been flagged up to the staff for investigation.

I won't be able to run healthcheck until this gets fixed because it takes up all the system resources and possibly it's the software updater that's causing it, or else the windows installation program that it seems to trigger. I really did not appreciate this. You know Ccleaner has competition and I have been a user for a long time and would prefer to stay with them but I really have to say that Ccleaner is not allowed to "take over" my system like this. Eventually it updated 6 programs, (zoom, 4 components of microsoft c++ and a pdf viewer). Plus, I have "premium" suipport but when I tried to chat the supposedly 24/7 chat support was "offline". What's up with that? I did not like that one bit. It's time for Ccleaner to show a little bit more respect for their users. I'm certainly not a happy customer. 

I am having the same issues with the Health Check screen freezing up after scanning and does not perform the erasing process.  Looks as if this new update was not tested thoroughly.  How about sending me the previous version that worked fine?  Did all of the purported fixes without any luck.

Edited by DonC012

• Moderators

I would suggest that those experiencing this issue should try using Custom Clean rather than Health Check, at least until it gets fixed.

That will still clean the 'Junk' and 'Space'. (it's not quite the same as HC, the defaults of what to clean are slightly different).
Custom Clean does not look at the Startup apps (Speed in HC) or at updating software (Security in HC). So it won't get stuck the same.

Just use the default Custom Clean rules, don't go ticking and unticking the boxes/options there unless you are sure what they do.
Particularly don't just tick everything there, some are meant to be left unticked apart from the very occasional special use.
Ticking some of those Custom Clean boxes could clear things that you don't want to be cleared.

Simply open Custom Clean and click the Blue 'Run Cleaner' - or do an 'Analyze'  first if you want to see what will be cleaned.

You can set Custom Clean to be the page that you are shown when opening CCleaner.
Change: Options>Settings>CCleaner home screen
image.png

• Moderators

We are now also told that a temporary fix is in place and being automatically distributed.

Health Check should now start workng again for those who were affected by this issue.

The full fix will then be applied with the March update.