Ccleaner auto-Launch with Windows

I maintain an up-to-date version of CC but the last few versions on my Windows 11 system will auto-launch no matter what i do, forcing me to exit it manually after a boot or restart.

I have removed the shortcut from the Startup folder and also disabled it in the Startup list in the Task Manager.  Still... CC launches.

Aside from a Registry hack.  what am I missing here?

I prefer to run CC manually.

• Moderators

Are auto updates and smart cleaning turned off? Do you have ccleaner's scheduler enabled?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Just to be clear about what you are seeing -

Are you meaning that the CCleaner window opens?
If so then is it showing any message box?

Or just that there is an icon in the System Tray?
If it is an icon in the tray then is it flashing?

Or possibly you are seeing something else?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

ccleaner has "options" for adjusting settings. have you gone through all of the settings-options, adjusting them to the way that you want them?

i don't really have a way to monitor ccleaner's starting, but i believe that, on my computer, it does launch at "startup," when i am booting up my computer, but that it only runs briefly, and then closes automatically. again, it only runs briefly, and closes automatically, so i don't have to tlose it.

i don't know why ccleaner runs briefly at startup but i think that it is to check for updates, even though i have ccleaner's automatic updates disabled.

• Moderators

@redwolfe_98 that will be Options>Settings> Run a clean with Custom Clean when the computer starts.

When set it does a Custom Clean on Boot/Restart and the CCleaner icon flashes in the System Tray while it is cleaning, once it's finished the icon stops flashing and goes away.

If you have an icon in the tray all the time, that isn't flashing, then that's usually because of Smart Cleaning or Automatic Updating.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043