reports

• Moderators

You will need to be more specific than that, there is not enough there for anyone to understand what you are asking.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

1 hour ago, nukecad said:

You will need to be more specific than that, there is not enough there for anyone to understand what you are asking.

after running a scan, is there a report produced that lists the files that were deleted?  does the software give me the option of delting yes or no?  where can I access this report?

• Moderators

Custom Clean? Health Check?

Health Check does its own thing, and doesn't report much, so I guess you mean Custom Clean.

You can see a list of the files analyzed or cleaned in Custom Clean by right clicking on each category in the results - or by going to Options>Advanced and settiing the 'Results level of detail' to 'File list' which will show them all without having to click each category.
image.png

However there is no way of saving the subsequently output list of files that I know of, other than taking a screenshot of it.
EDIT - Oops, yes there is but I'd forgotten about it, see the next post by lmacri.

There is also no way of de-selecting things after an 'Analyze' other than by unticking a category in the Custom Clean lists and re analyzing/cleaning.
You can permanantly exclude an individual file from cleaning by right-clicking it in the Ananlyzed list and selecting 'Add to exclude list'.

Just for completeness:
The only way I know to get a list of what has been deleted (or analyzed) is to run CCleaner in 'debug' mode which produces a log of everything it does, and saves it to the CCleaner folder.
As the name says that mode is meant for debugging problems. It records everything that CCleaner does - although the log is not easily understandable.

Extracting individual filenames from a debug log is not quick or easy, and what would you do with a list of already deleted files?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi 20400:

When I run a Custom Clean I can right click anywhere in the white space near my scan results and choose Save to Text File ....  to save  a file called Log.txt in any location I choose.

I can do this after I click the Analyze button if I want to see a preview of what CCleaner is going to clean, or after I click the Run Cleaner button to see what was actually cleaned.

CCleanerv6_17AdvancedResultsSaveScanResultstoTextFile15Nov2023.png.f7eb1ea1c3fc63dd9831bcb829175df9.png

18 hours ago, nukecad said:

... There is also no way of de-selecting things after an 'Analyze' other than by unticking a category in the Custom Clean lists and re analyzing/cleaning.
You can permanantly exclude an individual file from cleaning by right-clicking it in the Ananlyzed list and selecting 'Add to exclude list'.

As nukecad noted <above>, once you click the Analyze button there is no way to enable / disable individual files that will be removed unless you exclude them.  For example, I have enabled the check box at Windows tab | System | Temporary Files so that Custom Clean will delete all my temporary Windows files, but I don't want the file C:\Windows\invcol.tmp removed so I've created an exclusion at Options | Exclude.

CCleanerv6_17CustomCleanOptionsExcludeFile15Nov2023.png.c2094f2d05cd621eb1a5e948e6c7fab4.png
----------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3570 * Firefox v119.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23100.2009-1.1.23100.2009 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.6.294-1.0.2189 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7690 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.17.10746

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, lmacri said:

When I run a Custom Clean I can right click anywhere in the white space near my scan results and choose Save to Text File ....  to save  a file called Log.txt in any location I choose.

I can do this after I click the Analyze button if I want to see a preview of what CCleaner is going to clean, or after I click the Run Cleaner button to see what was actually cleaned.

Thanks lmacri,

I must admit that I have used that option in the past, but had (temporarily?) forgotten about it, probably because I don't really have any reason for saving such a text file.
In my opinion it would be of very limited use - but that's my opinion, and so it's good that the option is there for anyone who does want it.