auto updating

moonlit

CCleaner keeps trying to automatically update.   In options there are no check marks to auto update.  In task manager I have deleted the options there but, it keeps putting the tasks back in.  I have tried everything and it keeps coming back without checkmarks in the auto update box.

Can you fix this.  I don't like programs changing settings on my computer and this has been going on for months. 

I do not want to auto update.  I have done all the required steps and it keeps coming back.  

Not sure what is going on but it needs to stop!

• Moderators

7 hours ago, moonlit said:

CCleaner keeps trying to automatically update.   In options there are no check marks to auto update

@moonlit: Just checking, when you open up Options > Updates you should see something like this, which two checkboxes: one to manage the automatic updates and the other whether or not you're notified about the new versions:

image.png

To clarify, are those options not showing?  Or you uncheck the boxes and either a) the next time you go in they've been rechecked somehow, or b) you are finding yourself being automatically updated despite the first box being unchecked? 

• Can I check which version of CCleaner that you are using? (those before CCleaner 6.01 are at EOL and will upgrade regardless - but all others should adhere to the settings)
  • Did you download your copy of CCleaner from the CCleaner website or a different source?  Is it the normal full install or did you get a "Portable" edition?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
Other customer support? Check the contact details in your order confirmation or email support@ccleaner.com
Privacy questions - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes or CCleaner version history.

Disclaimer: Anything written in this post is not official Piriform communication.  I am not a Piriform employee, just a forum moderator.

15 hours ago, hazelnut said:

@Laurence CCleaner

Can you take a look?

I got it set to send notifications, but I got unchecked Keep CCleaner updated automatically because I didn't want to be forced to change my product. I usually just click the button in the bottom right of the window to install the updates. If you're going to force me to download the upgrade to Profession, then I don't want to renew my subscriptions.

13 hours ago, mysticblueblade said:

I got it set to send notifications, ...If you're going to force me to download the upgrade to Profession, then I don't want to renew my subscriptions.

Hi mysticblueblade:

Could you post an image of what prompt you see asking you to upgrade to CCleaner Professional?

I use CCleaner Free Portable v5.x and I have DISABLED all settings at Options | Privacy | Offers  ...

CCleaner6_17SettingsPrivacyOffers20Oct2023.png.4c4204a29504147b05d825399f8a4345.png

... but I still see the occasional pop-up ad in my system tray asking me to upgrade to a paid product like CCleaner Professional.  I just click the small "x" in the top-right corner of the pop-up and that stops the pop-up ad from reappearing until the next ad campaign a month or two later.  From my last pop-up ad on 24-Sep-2023:

CCleanerv6_16Pop-UpUpgradetoProPlus24Sep2023.png.dbefdd657656658d2fa1a706757967cb.png

------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3570 * Firefox v118.0.2 * Microsoft Edge v118.0.2088.57 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23090.2008-1.1.23090.2007 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.4.286-1.0.2163 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.17.10746