cannot uninstall, cannot install

rsn

I have pro ... stopped responding to "open" ... tried to uninstall ... uninstall hung (see image) ... used UltraSearch to find files and deleted all I could but was told could not delete one of the files because it was open in CCleaner ... WHICH WAS NOT OPEN VISIBLY ANYWHERE ... can't close the uninstall window ... at one point thought I had cleared all CCleaner files and tried to install slim version, but that did not work ... I love the product when it works but not when I have issues ...

uninstall hang.png

• Moderators

Usually we just reinstall CCleaner without uninstalling it first.
Just doing that can often 'fix' issues, with no uninstall needed.

tried to install slim version, but that did not work

What are you seeing/not seeing when you try to install again using the Slim installer?
Is there any error message either from the installer or from Windows?

Have you done a 'Restart' (not Shutdown) of the computer before trying to reinstall?

What Windows version/build are you running?
If you are using an AV other than Windows Defender than what is it and what version number is it at?
Often when CCleaner stops responding it's because (an update to) an AV has suddenly started to block CCleaner, certain AVs are more prone to doing it. And sometimes the same AV will then also block CCleaner from being reinstalled.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

If a reinstall doesn’t work then download Revo Uninstaller free, if the uninstall still doesn’t work then you can still scan for leftovers which in effect force uninstalls the program. https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.